|Type||Open Joint Stock Company|
|Industry||Aerospace & Defense|
|Headquarters||41 Vereyskaya str. Moscow, Russia, 121471|
|Vladislav Vladimirovich Menshikov (General Director, Anatoly Ivanovich Sabin (Head of Research)|
|Products||Anti-aircraft defence systems, Mobile command centers, Guidance systems, Missiles, Anti-ballistic missiles, Cruise missiles, Radars, Automated control systems, Navigation systems, Air traffic systems, Remote weapon stations, Automated turrets, Naval artillery, Artillery shells, Firearms, Ventilation valves, Sewage treatment systems, Unmanned aerial vehicles|
|Revenue||$2.24 billion (2015)|
|$303 million (2015)|
|$461 million (2015)|
|Total assets||$7.07 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||$1.9 billion (2015)|
|Owner||Federal Agency for State Property Management|
Number of employees
JSC Concern VKO "Almaz-Antey" (Russian: ОАО "Концерн ВКО "Алмаз-Антей"») is a Russian state-owned company in the arms industry, a result of a merger of Antey Corporation and NPO Almaz, unifying some of the national military enterprises, in particular, the developers of anti-aircraft defence systems. The organisation is headquartered in Moscow and is the world's 8th-largest defence contractor measured by 2017 defence revenues. In 2017, Almaz-Antey had arms sales of $9.125 billion.
The Almaz-Antey group produce air defense systems, firearms for aircraft and armored vehicles, artillery shells and surface-to-surface missiles, airspace surveillance and coordination and artillery radars. The Group also manufacture civilian products such as navigation systems, air traffic systems, civil airtraffic- and weather radars, sewage cleaning systems, ventilation valves for nuclear power plants, and plastic packaging for cosmetics and food products.
In 2003 the Director General of Almaz-Antey, Igor Klimov was shot dead. A criminal investigation found his death was linked to a property revision inside the company.
The current Board is headed by Viktor Ivanov, Director General; Vladislav Menshikov, Chief Designer; and Anatoly Savin.
In February 2015 the President of Russia signed a Decree to rename JSC Concern PVO "Almaz-Antey" to Concern VKO "Almaz-Antey", and to increase its capitalization. 'PVO' means Protivo-Vozdushnaya Oborona - air defence forces, the Russian name for the Soviet Air Defence Forces branch of the Soviet and Russian military. 'VKO' (or BKO), the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces, was the branch of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation responsible for air and missile defence, and the operation of Russian military satellites and the Plesetsk Cosmodrome. In August 2015, the Russian Aerospace Forces was created, and includes both the Air Force, and the Aerospace Defence Forces.
Companies of the holding as of September 2014:
- Moscow Machine Building Plant "Avangard", Moscow
- Avitek, Kirov
- Moscow Scientific-Research Institute "Agat", Zhukovsky, Moscow Oblast
- NPO Almaz, Moscow
- Vektor State Enterprise, Ekaterinburg
- The Order of the Red Labor Banner All-Research institute Radio equipment, St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky Island
- All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Radio Engineering, Moscow
- Volzhsky Electromechanical Factory, Republic of Mari El, Volzhsk
- Eastern Defense Enterprise "Granite", Vladivostok
- Obukhov State Plant, St. Petersburg
- The head center of the service Maintenance and repair of the Concern Air defense "Almaz-Antey" "Granite", Moscow
- Dolgoprudnenskoe Scientific Production Plant, Moscow region, Dolgoprudny
- Plant radio engineering Equipment, St. Petersburg
- Design Bureau of Special Machine-Building, St. Petersburg
- Plant Red Banner, Ryazan
- Design Bureau Kuntsevo, Moscow
- Izhevsk Electromechanical Plant, Izhevsk
- Lianozovsky Electromechanical Plant, Moscow
- Mari Machine Building Factory, Republic of Mari El, Yoshkar-Ola
- Murom Plant Radio Measuring Instruments, Vladimir region, Murom
- NIIIP, Novosibirsk
- Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Instrument Design, Moscow Region, Zhukovsky
- Nizhny Novgorod Machine-Building Plant, Nizhny Novgorod
- NPO Novator, Ekaterinburg
- Scientific and production Association Pravdinsky Radio factory, Nizhny Novgorod region, Balakhna
- Pravdinskoye Design Bureau, Nizhny Novgorod region, Balakhna
- RATEP, Moscow region, Serpukhov
- Ryazan industrial- Technical enterprise "Granit", Ryazan
- Kazan experimental Design Bureau Soyuz, Kazan
- Scientific and production Association "Arrow", Tula
- Ulyanovsk Mechanical Plant, Ulyanovsk
- MKB Fakel, Moscow Region, Khimki
- Limited company Responsibility of Almaz-Antey- Story, Moscow
- Limited company Responsibility of Kantey, Moscow
- Almaz-Antey Telecommunications, Moscow
- Almaz-Antey Management consulting, Moscow
- Public corporation "Pulse", Moscow
- Public corporation Radiophysics, Moscow
- Public corporation "Lanthanum", Moscow
- Interstate joint-stock company Corporation Vympel, Moscow
- Russian Institute Radio navigation and time, St. Petersburg
- Arzamas Instrument-Building Plant, Nizhny Novgorod region, Arzamas
- Public corporation "Saturn", Omsk
- Kalinin Machine-Building Plant, Yekaterinburg
- Scientific and production Enterprise "Plant Iskra", Ulyanovsk
- State Scientific- Research institute Instrument engineering, Moscow
- Nizhny Novgorod Research Institute of Radio Engineering, Nizhny Novgorod
- Scientific and Technical Center Industrial technologies and Air navigation systems, Moscow
- Special Design Bureau "Bearing", Ekaterinburg
- Khabarovsk radio engineering factory, Khabarovsk
- 1015 factory for repair of military- Technical property, Sverdlovsk Region, Nizhny Sergi
- Manufacturing enterprise «Radar-2633», Moscow Region, Lyubertsy
- 502 factory for repair of military- Technical property, Noginsk, Moscow region
- 69 repair plant for rocket- Artillery armament, Kaliningrad
- 1019 military repair plant, Republic of Buryatia, Zaigraevsky district, Onohoy
- 1253 central repair base Radar weapons, Samara
- 3821 factory for repair of military, Leningrad Region, Tosno
- Repair plant for radio electronic Technique «LUCH», Leningrad Region, Vsevolozhsky district, Village Yanino
- Nizhny Novgorod Plant of the 70th Anniversary Victory, Nizhny Novgorod
United States sanctions
On 16 July 2014, the Obama administration imposed sanctions through the US Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) by adding Almaz-Antey Concern and other entities to the Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List (SSI) in retaliation for the ongoing Ukrainian crisis, annexation of the Crimean Peninsula by the Kremlin, and the Russian interference in Ukraine.
- Almaz-Antey official address at rosprom.gov.ru
- "Список Аффилированных Лиц". Almaz - Antey. 30 September 2014. Archived from the original on 20 May 2015. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- История. Алмаз-Антей (in Russian). 21 August 2007. Archived from the original on 16 September 2008. Retrieved 10 August 2008.
- "Игоря Климова убили в целях самообороны". Газета "Коммерсантъ". 5 November 2007. p. 4. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List". treasury.gov. 16 July 2014.
- "Announcement of Treasury Sanctions on Entities Within the Financial Services and Energy Sectors of Russia, Against Arms or Related Materiel Entities, and those Undermining Ukraine's Sovereignty". treasury.gov. 16 July 2014.