Almere Buiten railway station
|Opened||30 May 1987|
Almere Buiten is a railway station in Almere, Netherlands. It is located approximately 27 km east of Amsterdam. The station is located on the Weesp–Lelystad railway, connecting Weesp and Lelystad Centrum. The station was opened in 1987 when the line Weesp - Lelystad Centrum was built. In 1987 Almere Centrum and Almere Muziekwijk stations also opened before the Almere Buiten - Lelystad section was completed in 1988.
Almere has become a commuter city for Amsterdam. On 7 July 2008, there were 184,405 people living in Almere. The station is located in the centre of 'Almere Buiten' which translates as Outside Almere.
The following train services call at Almere Buiten:
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Hoofddorp - Schiphol - Duivendrecht - Almere Oostvaarders
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Amsterdam - Almere - Lelystad - Zwolle
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Utrecht - Hilversum - Almere Oostvaarders
- 1 Striphelden - Oostvaarders - Regenboogbuurt - Station Buiten - Bouwmeesterbuurt - Waterwijk - Almere Centrum - Stedenwijk - 't Oor Bus Station - Almere Haven
- 5 Muziekwijk - Kruidenwijk - Almere Centrum - Parkwijk - Landgoederenbuurt - Station Buiten - Oostvaarders
- 10 Station Poort - Gooisekant - Busstation 't Oor - Danswijk - Almere Buiten - Oostvaardersdiep
- 153 Holendrecht - Bijlmer ArenA - Bijlmermeer - Muiden P&R - Almere Poort - Almere Muziekwijk - Almere Buiten
- 216 Almere Buiten - Almere Stad - Muiden - Amstelveen - Schiphol-Oost
- N11: Station Centrum -> Molenbuurt -> Station Buiten -> Station Oostvaarders -> Station Parkwijk -> Danswijk -> Sallandsekant -> Danswijk -> Filmwijk -> Station Centrum
- N12: Station Centrum -> Filmwijk -> Danswijk -> Sallandsekant -> Danswijk -> Station Parkwijk -> Station Oostvaarders -> Station Buiten -> Molenbuurt -> Station Centrum