Almost Goodbye (song)
|Single by Mark Chesnutt|
|from the album Almost Goodbye|
|B-side||"Texas Is Bigger Than It Used to Be"|
|Released||August 30, 1993|
|Mark Chesnutt singles chronology|
"Almost Goodbye" is a song written by Billy Livsey and Don Schlitz, and recorded by American country music singer Mark Chesnutt. It was released in August 1993 as the second single and title track from his 1993 album of the same name. The song peaked at number-one on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart and at number 2 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart.
The music video was directed by John Lloyd Miller and premiered in late 1993.
The song debuted at number 68 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart dated September 4, 1993. It charted for 20 weeks on that chart, and became his fourth Number One single on the chart dated November 20, 1993, holding the top spot for one week.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 92–93. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2317." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. December 4, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Mark Chesnutt Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
|This 1990s American country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|