Alon Yitzchack Halevy (until 2000: Levy) is a renowned Israeli-American computer scientist and a leading researcher in the area of data integration. He is currently a research scientist at Google, Inc. Until 2006, he was a professor of computer science at the University of Washington. He received his PhD from Stanford University in 1993.
He is a fellow of the ACM and a winner of the 2006 VLDB 10-year best paper award. He was a Sloan Fellow, and received the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) in 2000. He is the founder of two technology companies, Nimble Technology (now Actuate Corporation) and Transformic Inc.
- Halevy, A. Y. (2001). "Answering queries using views: A survey". The VLDB Journal 10 (4): 270–294. doi:10.1007/s007780100054. co-authored with Alberto O. Mendelzon, Yehoshua Sagiv
- http://sites.google.com/site/alonhalevy/ Alon Halevy Google page
- http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/alon/ Alon Halevy at the University of Washington
- http://portal.acm.org/author_page.cfm?id=81100063551 Alon Halevy in the ACM Digital Library
- Gonzalez, H.; Halevy, A.; Jensen, C. S.; Langen, A.; Madhavan, J.; Shapley, R.; Shen, W. (2010). "Google fusion tables". p. 175. doi:10.1145/1807128.1807158.
- Gonzalez, H.; Halevy, A. Y.; Jensen, C. S.; Langen, A.; Madhavan, J.; Shapley, R.; Shen, W.; Goldberg-Kidon, J. (2010). "Google fusion tables". p. 1061. doi:10.1145/1807167.1807286.
- Alon Halevy's blog: http://alonhalevy.blogspot.com/
|This database-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|