Alone at Last
|Alone at Last|
|Live album by Gary Burton|
|Recorded||June 19 and September 7, 1971|
|Gary Burton chronology|
Alone at Last is a solo album by vibraphonist Gary Burton recorded in 1971 featuring three performances from the Montreux Jazz Festival and four studio performances released on the Atlantic label. The album was awarded a Grammy for Best Jazz Performance by a Soloist at the 15th Grammy Awards.
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "Moonchild/In Your Quiet Place" (Keith Jarrett) - 6:14
- "Green Mountains/Arise, Her Eyes" (Steve Swallow) - 7:35
- "The Sunset Bell" (Gary Burton) - 5:09
- "Handbags and Gladrags" (Mike d'Abo) - 6:05
- "Hullo Bolinas" (Swallow) - 5:49
- "General Mojo's Well Laid Plan" (Swallow) - 3:38
- "Chega de Saudade (No More Blues)" (Vinícius de Moraes, Antônio Carlos Jobim) - 4:39
- Recorded at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland on June 19, 1971 (tracks 1-3) and at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY on September 7, 1971 (tracks 4-7).
- Gary Burton discography Archived 2012-01-19 at the Wayback Machine. accessed November 25, 2011
- Grammy.com accessed November 25, 2011
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed November 25, 2011
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 33. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.