Alone in the Dark II (film)
|Alone in the Dark II|
|Directed by||Michael Roesch
|Produced by||Uwe Boll
|Written by||Michael Roesch
|Based on||Alone in the Dark series
|Music by||Jessica de Rooij|
|Edited by||Joe Pascual|
Boll Kino Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG
Brooklyn Independent Studios
Hans J. Baer Filmproduktion
|Distributed by||Splendid Film & WVG Medien GmbH (Germany)
High Fliers Video Distribution (UK)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (US)
Alone in the Dark II is a 2008 German-American horror film starring Rick Yune, Rachel Specter and Lance Henriksen. The film was directed by Peter Scheerer and Michael Roesch. It is a sequel to Uwe Boll's 2005 film Alone in the Dark, although it features an entirely new cast and a story that is unrelated to the original film.
Former witch-hunter Abner Lundberg (Lance Henriksen) is forced to come back to fight his old nemesis, a century-old dangerous witch out on the prowl again. This time, Lundberg joins forces with Edward Carnby (Rick Yune) and they attempt to track down the dangerous witch Elisabeth Dexter (Allison Lange).
- Rick Yune as Edward Carnby
- Rachel Specter as Natalie
- Lance Henriksen as Abner Lundberg
- Bill Moseley as Dexter
- Ralf Möller as Boyle
- Danny Trejo as Perry
- Zack Ward as Xavier
- Natassia Malthe as Turner
- Jason Connery as Parker
- Michael Paré as Willson
- P. J. Soles as Martha
- Brooklyn Sudano as Sinclair
- Allison Lange as Witch/Elizabeth Dexter
- Peter Looney as Ward Dexter
- Lisette Bross as Old Witch
- Louise Griffiths as Witch Voice (voice)
Release and reception
The film was released in Germany on September 25, 2008, in the United Kingdom on July 27, 2009 and in the United States on January 26, 2010. An American Blu-ray release is sold exclusively by Best Buy.
Reviewing the film for IGN, R.L. Shaffer wrote: "Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark did not require a sequel. Critics hated the film. Fans hated the film. ... Thankfully though, Alone in the Dark II is actually a much better film than the first. It's a touch light on action, and the setting is far more limited in terms of production design, but the tone is a little more in keeping with the ideas of the game franchise. ... Look at Alone in the Dark II more as a reboot than a sequel and it plays OK."
Still receiving not so good reviews, they were a slight improvement over its predecessor. At Rotten Tomatoes it currently holds an 11%, and at IMDB it contains a rating of 3.4/10.
- "Alone in the Dark 2 Trailer Should Have Remained Alone". DreadCentral.
- "Rejoice! Alone in the Dark II on DVD in January". DreadCentral.
- http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?has=alone+in+the+dark+2&rgn=us&init_form=str0_has_alone+in+the+dark+2*rgn_us[dead link]
- "Alone in the Dark II Blu-ray Best Buy Exclusive (Correcting and Replacing)".
- Shaffer, R. L. (25 January 2010). "Alone in the Dark II DVD Review".
|This article about a 2000s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|