Alone Across the Pacific
|Alone on the Pacific|
|Directed by||Kon Ichikawa|
Akira Nakai (producer)
|Written by||Kenichi Horie (story and book)
Natto Wada (writer)
|Edited by||Masanori Tsujii|
The film is based on the book Alone on the Pacific (USA title) (Kodoku), Kenichi Horie's account of his 1962 solo voyage across the Pacific, which was the first successful Transpacific solo voyage.
Yujiro Ishihara is a young yachtsman who impulsively decides to sail across the pacific to San Francisco. On the way he encounters a ship with American passengers. He talks to them in broken English and realises that he does not have a passport. On landing in San Francisco, he receives a hero's welcome, but is scolded by the Japanese consulate.
- Yujiro Ishihara as The Youth
- Masayuki Mori as Youth's Father
- Kinuyo Tanaka as Youth's Mother
- Ruriko Asaoka as Youth's Sister
- Hajime Hana as Youth's Friend
- Gannosuke Ashiya
- Kojiro Kusanagi
- Shirō Osaka
- "Festival de Cannes: Alone on the Pacific". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|