At the Mexican Senate (2008).
|Secretary of Public Education|
6 April 2009 – 16 March 2012
|Preceded by||Josefina Vázquez Mota|
|Succeeded by||José Ángel Córdova Villalobos|
|Senator of the Senate of Mexico|
29 August 2012 – 25 September 2012 (died in office)
2 September 1962|
Mexico City, Mexico
|Died||25 September 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
|Political party||National Action Party|
|Alma mater||Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, Yale University|
|Occupation||Academic and politician|
Alonso José Ricardo Lujambio Irazábal (2 September 1962 – 25 September 2012) was a Mexican academic and politician who served as Secretary of Public Education in the cabinet of President Felipe Calderón.
Lujambio served as member of the General Council of the Federal Electoral Institute (IFE), as advisor to the United Nations, and as an academic at the Ibero-American University, the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) and the Autonomous Institute of Technology of Mexico (ITAM), where he chaired the undergraduate program in Political Science.
On 29 August 2012, Lujambio took protest as Senator, at which he assisted in a wheelchair.
- "Press Statement by Mexican President Felipe Calderón at the Manuel Ávila Camacho Hall of the Official Residence". Presidencia de la República (Mexico). 6 April 2009. Archived from the original on 22 June 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2009.
- "Mensaje a medios de comunicación del Presidente Felipe Calderón Hinojosa" (in Spanish). Presidencia de la República (México). 16 March 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- Delgado, Álvaro (2009). "Lujambio, panista al vapor" (in Spanish). Proceso. Archived from the original on 27 August 2009. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- De Palma, Anthony (4 December 1994). "The World; Do Term Limits Work? Ask Mexico". New York Times. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- "Alonso Lujambio toma protesta como senador mientras lucha contra el cáncer" (in Spanish). CNN México. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Fallece Alonso Lujambio; clase política de luto" (in Spanish). El Universal. 25 September 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Rinden homenaje a Alonso Lujambio en el Senado" (in Spanish). El Universal. 25 September 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
|This article about a Mexican politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|