||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
King is the recipient of numerous awards: an NEA choreographic fellowship, San Francisco Mayor's Award, and a Jacob's Pillow Creativity Award. His choreography is in the repertoire of Swedish Royal Ballet, Frankfurt Ballet, Ballet Bejart, Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo, Joffrey Ballet, Alvin Ailey, Hong Kong Ballet, North Carolina Dance Theatre, and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago.
In 1982, King founded LINES Ballet, which premiered at the San Francisco State's McKenna Theater. LINES currently performs a home season at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, and maintains an extensive international touring schedule.
- 2016: Art Songs, SAND
- 2015: The Propelled Heart, Biophony
- 2014: Shostakovich, The Steady Heart
- 2013: Concerto for Two Violins, Meyer
- 2012: AZIMUTH, Constellation
- 2011: Resin, Figures of Thought
- 2010: Writing Ground, Wheel in the Middle of the Field
- 2009: Scheherazade, Refraction, Dust and Light
- 2008: The Radius of Convergence, The Steady Articulation of Perseverance
- 2007: Rasa, Irregular Pearl, Long River, High Sky
- 2006: Sky Clad, Migration
- 2005: The Moroccan Project, Handel, Salt, Odd Fellow, Satoh
- 2004: Before the Blues, Rite of Spring, Baker Fix, Coleman Hawkins, The Patience of Aridity, Waiting for Petrichor
- 2003: Heart Song, Syzmanski's Vibraphone Quartet
- 2002: Road, Splash, Koto
- 2001: The People of the Forest, The Heart's Natural Inclination
- 2000: Following the Subtle Current Upstream, Soothing the Enemy, Riley, Tango, In to Get Out
- 1999: Shostokovich String Quartet
- 1998: Hovering Slightly Above Ground, Who Dressed You Like a Foreigner?, Tarab, Long Straight Line, Map, Land Forms
- 1997: String Trio, Suite Etta, Three Stops On the Way Home, Handel Trio
- 1996: Klang, Sacred Text, Handel Pas de Deux, Ground
- 1995: Signs and Wonders, Rock, String Quartet
- 1994: Poulenc Pas de Deux, Ocean, Along the Path
- 1993: Bach Cello Suite, Compelling Geological Evidence, Pavane
- 1992: Gurdjieff Piano Music
- 1991: Song of the Aka, Cante
- 1990: Without Wax, Toccatta in D Minor
- 1989: Lila, Fallen Angel
- 1988: Awake in the Dream, Ligeti Variations, Reoccurrence
- 1987: Rain Dreaming, Granados Pas de Deux
- 1986: Prayer, Stealing Light
- 1983: Ictus
- Archival footage of Alonzo King LINES Ballet performing King's Migration in 2008 at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival.
- "For choreographer Alonzo King, the message is in the movement - The Boston Globe". Boston.com. 2010-01-22. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Choreographic Work". LINES Ballet. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
|This article about someone associated with the art of dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|