Alonzo King LINES Ballet
|Alonzo King LINES Ballet (AKLB)|
|Name||Alonzo King LINES Ballet (AKLB)|
|Chief Executive||Muriel Maffre|
|Company manager||Lauren Chadwick|
|Artistic Director||Alonzo King|
|Ballet Master in Chief||Meredith Webster|
|Creative Director||Robert Rosenwasser|
|Official school||Alonzo King LINES Ballet Training Program|
|Associated schools||Alonzo King LINES Ballet BFA at Dominican University of California
Alonzo King LINES Ballet Summer Program
Alonzo King LINES Ballet DiscoveryProject LINES Community Programs (HeART with LINES, Kids @LINES, Teens @LINES)
The Alonzo King LINES Ballet (AKLB) is an American contemporary ballet company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The ballet company, founded by choreographer Alonzo King, premiered at San Francisco State University's McKenna Theatre in 1982.
LINES Ballet performs its home season at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco while also maintaining an international touring schedule that includes featured performances at venues such as Venice Biennale in Venice, Théâtre National de Chaillot in Paris, and The Kwai Tsing Theatre in Hong Kong. LINES Ballet, which celebrated its 35th Anniversary season in 2017, features a diverse line up of dancers from countries including Germany, Canada, South Korea, and The United States; and presents programs that exemplify the company's artistic vision to renew and transcend traditional ballet with cross-genre collaborations.  In October 2017, Muriel Maffre, a former principal dancer for the San Francisco Ballet, was named the company’s chief executive officer. 
Since its inception, LINES Ballet founder Alonzo King has collaborated with artists of various backgrounds including composers, musicians, vocalists, and visual artists to develop new ballet programs for the company. In a recent collaboration with American poet, Bob Holman, King and Holman developed a program entitled Figures of Speech which premiered at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in the Spring of 2017.
The listing of dancers currently performing with Alonzo King LINES Ballet as of Fall 2017: 
- Robb Beresford
- Adji Cissoko
- Madeline DeVries
- Shuaib Elhassan
- James Gowan
- Maya Harr
- Courtney Henry
- Yujin Kim
- Michael Montgomery
- Jeffrey Van Sciver
- 2017: Figures of Speech
- 2016: Art Songs & SAND
- 2015: The Propelled Heart & Biophony
- 2014: Shostakovich & The Steady Heart
- 2013: Concerto for Two Violins, Meyer, & AZIMUTH
- 2012: Constellation
- 2011: Resin, Figures of Thought, & Triangle of the Squinches
- 2010: Writing Ground & Wheel in the Middle of the Field
- 2009: Scheherazade, Refraction, & Dust and Light
- 2008: The Radius of Convergence, The Steady Articulation of Perseverance
- 2007: Rasa, Irregular Pearl, & Long River, High Sky
- 2006: Sky Clad & Migration
- 2005: The Moroccan Project, Handel, Salt, Odd Fellow, & Satoh
- 2004: Before the Blues, Rite of Spring, Baker Fix, Coleman Hawkins, & The Patience of Aridity, Waiting for Petrichor
- 2003: Heart Song & Syzmanski's Vibraphone Quartet
- 2002: Road, Splash, & Koto
- 2001: The People of the Forest & The Heart's Natural Inclination
- 2000: Soothing the Enemy, Riley, Tango, & In to Get Out
- 1999: Shostokovich String Quartet
- 1998: Who Dressed You Like a Foreigner?, Tarab, & Long Straight Line
- 1997: String Trio, Suite Etta, Three Stops On the Way Home, & Handel Trio
- 1996: Klang, Sacred Text, Handel Pas de Deux, & Ground
- 1995: Signs and Wonders, Rock, & String Quartet
- 1994: Poulenc Pas de Deux, Ocean, & Along the Path
- 1993: Bach Cello Suite, Compelling Geological Evidence, & Pavane
- 1992: Gurdjieff Piano Music
- 1991: Song of the Aka & Cante
- 1990: Without Wax & Toccatta in D Minor
- 1989: Lila & Fallen Angel
- 1988: Awake in the Dream, Ligeti Variations, & Reoccurrence
- 1987: Rain Dreaming & Granados Pas de Deux
- 1986: Prayer & Stealing Light
- 1983: Ictus
- 1982: Danse Poulenc, Christine, & Sonata for Three Dancers
A listing of current and former Alonzo King LINES Ballet program collaborators:
Composers, Dancers, Musicians, Performers, and Artists
- Bob Holman - Poet
- Lisa Fischer - Vocalist
- Charles Lloyd - Musician
- El Hamideen - Musician
- Jean-Cristophe (JC) Maillard - Composer, Arranger, Musician
- San Francisco Opera Adler Fellows - Vocalists
- Melody of China - Music Ensemble
- BaAka Nzamba Lela - Musician
- Maya Lahyani - Vocalist
- Miguel Frasconi - Composer
- Hamza El Din - Composer
- Mickey Hart - Musician
- Zakir Hussain - Musician
- Miya Masaoka - Composer, Musician
- Jason Moran - Musician
- San Francisco's Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra - Music Ensemble
- Edgar Meyer - Musician
- Bernice Johnson Reagon - Composer, Vocalist
- Rita Sahai - Vocalist, Musician
- Pharoah Sanders - Musician
- Somei Satoh - Composer
- Leslie Stuck - Composer
- Paweł Szymański - Composer
- Danny Glover - Actor
- Jim McKee - Sound Designer
- Richard Blackford - Composer
- Bernie Krause - Musician, Bioacoustician
- Arturo Fernandez - Choreographer, Dancer, Ballet Master
- Meredith Webster - Choreographer, Dancer, Ballet Master
- Christopher Haas - Architect
- Irene Pijoan - Visual Artist
- Raymond Saunders - Visual Artist
- Alain Lortie - Lighting Designer
- Axel Morgenthaler - Lighting Designer
- Lisa J. Pinkham - Lighting Designer
- David Finn - Lighting Designer
- James F. Ingalls - Lighting Design
- Colleen Quen - Costume Designer
- Robert Wierzel - Lighting Designer
- Sandra Woodall - Costume Designer
- Jim Campbell - Visual Artist
- Jim Doyle - Water Specialist
- Dikayl Rimmasch - Photographer
- Marty Sohl - Photographer
- Angela Sterling - Photographer
- RJ Muna - Photographer
- Franck Thibault - Photographer
- Quinn Wharton -Photographer
- Austin Forbord - Videographer
- Official website
- Alonzo King LINES Ballet
- Tracing Lines with Alonzo KING
- Alonzo King LINES Ballet BFA at Dominican University of California
- Alonzo King LINES Ballet at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Alonzo King LINES Ballet performing King's Migration at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival
- Jessica Yang (October 12, 2017). "Through sound and shape: Alonzo King LINES Ballet performance". The Phoenix. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- Valerie Gladstone (January 22, 2010). "Meet: The message is in the MOVEMENT - Alonzo King's dances reflect a world of influences". Boston.com. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- Andrew Gilbert (May 2, 2017). "Choreographer Alonzo King sets new work to crisis of vanishing words". The Mercury News. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- "San Francisco-based ballet company comes to Weis Center". Williamsport Sun-Gazette. October 5, 2017. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Natasha Rogai (September 4, 2017). "Arts review: The Propelled Heart – Lisa Fischer shines with Alonzo King Lines Ballet from Frisco". South China Morning Post. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- Krystyna Keller (October 6, 2017). "Review: World-renowned ballet presents moving art". The Lafayette. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Alonzo King LINES Ballet unites with Grammy Award-winning vocalist Lisa Fischer and multi-instrumentalist JC Maillard in San Francisco". New Music USA. February 4, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Lines Ballet names former SF Ballet star Muriel Maffre executive officer". SF Gate. October 30, 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Allan Ulrich (May 5, 2017). "Lines Ballet uses language of dance to keep language alive". SF Gate. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Albert Gilbert (May 2, 2017). "Choreographer Alonzo King sets new work to crisis of vanishing words: King collaborated with spoken-word and dying-languages specialist Bob Holman". Mercury News. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Dancers". Alonzo King LINES Ballet. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Repertoire". Alonzo King LINES Ballet. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Choreography". Alonzo King LINES Ballet. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Artists". Alonzo King LINES Ballet. Retrieved October 31, 2017.