|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||Punjab|
|Main ingredients||Potatoes and peas|
|Variations||Also served dry without gravy|
|Cookbook: Aloo mutter Media: Aloo mutter|
Aloo mutter (also spelled aloo mattar or aloo matar) is a Punjabi dish which is made from potatoes and peas in a spiced creamy tomato based sauce. It is a vegetarian dish. The sauce is generally cooked with garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin seeds and other spices.
Aloo mutter is also available commercially in ready-to-eat packets, manufactured by companies like Tasty Bite, which need to be heated and served. It is also used as a filling in some variations of Dosa.
- Dalal, Tarla (2007). Punjabi Khana. Sanjay & Co. p. 35. ISBN 8189491547.
- "A TABLE FOR TWO". Duluth News Tribune. 6 December 2007. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Chefs whip up home-cooked meals this Deepavali". The Star. 12 October 2009. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Ashwani Ahuja". MidWeek. 21 September 2007. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "ITC has taste for heat & eat food". The Telegraph. 13 July 2003. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "It's raining dosas". The Hindu. 9 December 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2012.