Alove for Enemies
|Alove For Enemies|
|Years active||2000–2007; 2012|
|Associated acts||Letter to the Exiles|
|Past members||Erich Barto
The band was founded in 2000, and released their first six song EP independently. The group was founded by singer Erich Barto and drummer A.J. Gonzalez. The band was signed to independent label Polytope records and toured twice under this label. After A.J. Gonzalez left the band, they replaced Gonzalez with Mike Desario for most of 2003. In late 2003 Jon Hernandez joined just before the band signed to Californian label Strikefirst Records, a subsidiary of Facedown Records. They released the EP Broken Pledge in December 2003 and played many gigs to support it.
In March 2004 Alove for Enemies signed with the main Facedown Records label. A year later, the album The Harvest was released; it was supported by a full US tour and by a European tour in spring 2005.
2006 saw the release of "Resistance" on Facedown Records.
On September 4, 2007, Alove For Enemies announced their break up on their Myspace blog. They played Facedown Fest East Coast in Maryland as their penultimate show, on Sept. 29, 2007. Their final show was played on Long Island Oct. 5, 2007. Former guitar player Bill Meis joined them for "Center of Attention" and "Angels Don't Burn".
On May 14th, 2012, Alove For Enemies announced a reunion show for August 17th at the annual Long Island Fest 3 day Hardcore Festival. No further shows have been announced.
- Erich Barto - vocals (now has solo project "emissary")
- Matt Addeo - guitar
- Dan Valentino - guitar (now in Shepherds)
- Luke Anthony - bass/vocals
- Andy Amato - drums (now in Letter To The Exiles)
- Bill Meis-guitar
- Mike Desario-drums
- AJ Gonzales-drums
- Jon Hernandez-drums
- Dan Lomeli-drums
- Tread On My Dreams (demo)
- Hour Of Decision (demo)
- The Silent Rival (demo)
- The Truth of Trumpets (Polytope Records) (2001)
- Broken Pledge (Strike First Records) (2003)
- The Harvest (Facedown Records) (2005)
- Resistance (Facedown Records) (2006)
- Tread On My Dreams (Resistance) -2006
- The Hour Of Decision (The Harvest) -2005
- Alove for Enemies – Resistance "Heavily influenced by the likes of bands such as Few Left Standing, Darkest Hour and Shai Hulud"
- Alove for Enemies Myspace
- Erich Barto interviewed by Highwire Daze (2006)
- Official site at PureVolume