Alove for Enemies
|Alove For Enemies|
|Years active||2000–2007, 2012, 2014-present|
|Associated acts||Letter to the Exiles|
|Past members||Jon Hernandez
The band was founded in 1999, and released their first six song EP independently in 2000. The group was founded by singer Erich Barto and drummer A.J. Gonzalez. The band was signed to independent label Polytope records and toured twice under this label. After A.J. Gonzalez left the band, they replaced Gonzalez with Mike Desario for most of 2003. In late 2003 Jon Hernandez joined just before the band signed to Californian label Strikefirst Records, a subsidiary of Facedown Records. They released the EP Broken Pledge in December 2003 and played many gigs to support it.
In March 2004 Alove for Enemies signed with the main Facedown Records label. A year later, the album The Harvest was released; it was supported by a full US tour and by a European tour in spring 2005.
On September 4, 2007, Alove For Enemies announced their break up on their Myspace blog. They played Facedown Fest East Coast in Maryland as their penultimate show, on Sept. 29, 2007. Their final show was played on Long Island Oct. 5, 2007. Former guitar player Bill Meis joined them for "Center of Attention" and "Angels Don't Burn".
On May 14th, 2012, Alove For Enemies announced a reunion show for August 17th at the annual Long Island Fest 3 day Hardcore Festival. No further shows have been announced.
- Last Known Lineup
- Erich Barto - vocals (1999-2007, 2012) (now has solo project Emissary)
- Matt Addeo - guitar
- Dan Valentino - guitar (now in Shepherds)
- Luke Anthony - bass/vocals (1999-2007, 2012)
- Andy Amato - drums (2012, 2014-present) (was in Letter To The Exiles)
- Past members
- Bill Meis - guitar (1999-2005, final shows 2007)
- Mike Desario - drums (2003)
- AJ Gonzales - drums (1999-2003)
- Jon Hernandez - drums (2003-2007)
- Dan Lomeli - drums (2007)
- Tread On My Dreams
- Hour Of Decision
- The Silent Rival (2003)
- Studio albums
- The Truth of Trumpets (Polytope Records) (2001)
- Broken Pledge (Strike First Records) (2003)
- The Harvest (Facedown Records) (2005)
- Resistance (Facedown Records) (2006)
- Tread On My Dreams (Resistance) -2006
- The Hour Of Decision (The Harvest) -2005
- Rogowski, Jordan (August 12, 2005). "Alove For Enemies - The Harvest". Punknews.org. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- Kraus, Brian (March 23, 2014). "Antereabae, Folly and Alove for Enemies announce reunion show". Alternative Press. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- Alove for Enemies – Resistance "Heavily influenced by the likes of bands such as Few Left Standing, Darkest Hour and Shai Hulud"
- Barto, Erich (July 13, 2016). "The Resistance". Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- Paul, Aubin. "Break Ups: Alove For Enemies (2000-2007)". Punknews.org. Retrieved February 22, 2016.