Alpha Card Services
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Financial Services, point-of-sale (POS) solutions, Payroll|
Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems
Gift & Reward cards
Merchant Cash Advance
Number of employees
Alpha Card Services is a registered merchant services provider, and is an ISO/MSP of HSBC Bank USA, N.A., Buffalo, New York and for Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. The company outsources the authorization and capture of transactions to Global Payments, TSYS and First Data
Co-Founded in 2000 by CEO Lazaros Kalemis and Dimitrios Tsikoudis, Alpha Card Services is headquartered in Trevose, Pennsylvania. A satellite office exists in Roseville, California. Their corporate office employs roughly 40 people with the remaining staff working out of Roseville, California or remotely throughout the United States. As a merchant services provider, Alpha Card's payment services include credit, debit, EBT, check conversion and guarantee and online and mobile payment options. The company currently processes over $2 billion per year in electronic transactions for over 15,000 merchants in almost 50 states. Alpha Card Services reports it currently has over 600 independent sales organizations (ISOs) located in 49 states selling their products and services.
Alpha Card Services provides ancillary services to their merchant base that include Payroll Services, Point-of-Sale Systems, Gift and Reward Cards, ATM Services and Merchant Cash Advance.
In 2005, the company moved to a larger location on 475 Veit Road in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania. This location is the corporate headquarters of Alpha Card Services, containing senior management, sales, marketing, customer service, technical support, risk and underwriting departments.
In 2011, a major corporate re-branding effort commenced with a new logo, collateral, website, social media and PR focus. A Director of Marketing was hired to direct and facilitate these re-branding efforts.
On December 7, 2012 Alpha Card Services announced the acquisition of Comstat Payroll based in Saint Louis, Mo 
On June 24, 2013 Alpha Card Services moved their corporate headquarters to new offices in Trevose, PA.
Awards, honors and publications
On March 17, 2013, Alpha Card Services was named as a Philly.com Top Workplaces company.
According to a March 2012 Nilson Report, Alpha Card Services was ranked as the 60th largest merchant acquirer in the United States. According to an October 2011 Nilson Report, Alpha Card Services was ranked as the 143rd largest acquirer in the world.
- 2007 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #99
- 2008 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #292
- 2009 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #416
- 2010 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #1328
- 2011 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #1644
- 2012 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #2578
- 2013 - Inc 500 I 5000 company listing #4312
- 2007 - Philadelphia 100 company listing #6
- 2008 - Philadelphia 100 company listing #11
- 2009 - Philadelphia 100 company listing #50
- 2010 - Philadelphia 100 company listing #42
- 2011 - Philadelphia 100 company listing #57
In May 2012, Kalemis was awarded the Philadelphia 40 under 40 award.
In 2012, Kalemis was named a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Kalemis was one of five Philadelphia region CEO's inducted into the Philadelphia 100: 2011 CEO Hall of Fame. Additionally, Alpha Card Services as a company was inducted into the Philadelphia 100: 2011 Company Hall of Fame. Both honors were bestowed to the company due to the 5 consecutive years of Alpha Card Services being awarded the esteemed Philadelphia 100 ranking. The Philadelphia 100 award was created to honor and identify the fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia region every year since 2007.
The founder was interviewed by online magazine M.O. about his business's history, growth, business model, and plans.
The founder was interviewed by Crissa Shoemaker DeBree staff writer for Calkins Media which owns 8 newspapers and 3 television stations including the Courier Times, the Intelligencer and Burlington County Times as well as philly burbs.com. The feature article Success through Service details the founders upbringing, and the business' history, its growth, philosophy, and future plans.
Kalemis has formed a charitable initiative called Alpha Card Cares. According to the company the purpose of the Alpha Card Cares initiative is "to mobilize the collective financial and organizational efforts of Alpha Card employees, management, customers and vendors, to support a variety of causes and organizations."
Alpha Card Cares has been involved in a number charity and volunteer events, including the Kids & Hope Foundation, Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night Walk  and the Walk to Defeat ALS, Greater Philadelphia Chapter.
- "Who is". Alpha Card Services. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Lazaros Kalemis (2013-08-13). "Lazaros Kalemis, Founder - Alpha Card Services". Mo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Payroll Services". Alpha Card Services. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Home". Alpha POS Services. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Gift & Reward Cards". Alpha Card Services. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "ATM Services". Alpha Card Services. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Home". Pinnacle Merchant Advance. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120912075537/http://www.alphacardservices.com/About_Us/Executive-Bios/j-lauer.shtml. Archived from the original on September 12, 2012. Retrieved August 24, 2012. Missing or empty
- Crissa Shoemaker DeBree (2012-12-07). "Alpha Card Services acquires payroll services provider - phillyburbs.com: Money". phillyburbs.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Lazaros Kalemis: Alpha Card Services". M.O. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "Industry Update: Alpha Card launches Zero to Remember". The Green Sheet. 26 February 2007. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "The Philly.com Top Workplaces 2013 - Alpha Card Services". Philly.topworkplaces.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Alpha Card Services - Huntingdon Valley, PA - The Inc.5000". Inc.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "The 2007 Inc. 5000 List - Rome Corp. through Accuray". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "The 2008 Inc. 5000 List - WilDon Solutions through TopCoder". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "The 2009 Inc. 5000 List - Most Brand Development + Advertising through Spinnaker". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "The 2010 Inc. 5000 List - W3R Consulting through Wasatch I.T.". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Alpha Card Services - Huntingdon Valley, PA". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "The 2012 Inc. 5000 List - Global Business Consulting Services through Saveology.com". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Alpha Card Services - Huntingdon Valley, PA". Inc.com. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Philadelphia 100". Philadelphia 100. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Philadelphia 100". Philadelphia 100. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Lazaros Kalemis - Philadelphia Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Newswire". The Green Sheet. 2011-12-06. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Company Profiles". The Green Sheet. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20120127101711/http://www.electran.org/trends/2011/Dec/TT%20Dec%202011.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 27, 2012. Retrieved August 10, 2012. Missing or empty
- Crissa Shoemaker DeBree (2012-08-28). "Success through service - phillyburbs.com: Money". phillyburbs.com. Archived from the original on 2012-08-30. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Philadelphia SmartCEO Celebrates the 2013 Circle of Excellence Finalists and Winners and Announces the 2013 CEO of the Year". SmartCEO. 2013-10-18. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Alpha Card Cares". Alpha Card Services. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Kids-N-Hope Foundation". Kidsnhope.org. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Susan G. Komen for the Cure". Ww5.komen.org. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Welcome to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County". Bbbsbc.org. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Light The Night Walk: Taking Steps to Cure Cancer". Lightthenight.org. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Event Central 2011 - Home". Kintera.org. Retrieved 2012-08-10.