|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Alpha Island, also known as Isla Huidobro, is a small island lying between Epsilon Island and Delta Island in the Melchior Islands, Palmer Archipelago. Charted by Discovery Investigations in 1927 and named after the first letter of the Greek alphabet, in association with the names of other islands in this group. The island was surveyed by Argentine expeditions in 1942, 1943 and 1948.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document "Alpha Island" (content from the Geographic Names Information System).
|This Palmer Archipelago location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|