|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Alpha Rev performing in 2015
|Origin||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Labels||Flyer Records/Surefire Media/Sea Change
|Members||Casey McPherson (lead vocals, guitar, keyboard)
Tabber Millard (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals)
Wes Ardis (guitar, vocals)
|Past members||Zak Loy (Lead Guitar)
Candi Sanders (keyboard, vocals)
Sanjay Jain (bass, vocals)
Gautam Chhada (guitar, vocals)
Tim McGregor (drums)
Dorian Colbert (drums)
Drew Walters (bass)
Tommy Roalson (drums)
Derek Dunivan (guitar, vocals)
Dusty Saxton (drums)
Nick Jay (bass)
Dave Wiley (cello, vocals)
Derek Morris (keyboard)
Daniel Jones (drums)
Clint Simmons (drums, vocals)
Jeff Bryant (piano, organ, pedal steel, bass, vocals)
Brian Batch (violin, vocals)
Casey McPherson started Alpha Rev in 2005 after the breakup of his previous band Endochine. Alpha Rev released their debut album The Greatest Thing I've Ever Learned on March 1, 2007. After releasing "The Greatest Thing" locally, the band signed an agreement with Austin startup Flyer Records and recorded an album with Dwight Baker at Matchbox Studios. This album has not been released, and the rights were purchased by Hollywood Records.
In 2007 the Myspace.com charts ranked Alpha Rev as the #1 indie band from Texas, and the #16 indie band nationwide. Alpha Rev was selected by Austin Monthly Magazine as one of the local bands most likely to succeed in 2008.
In August 2008 Alpha Rev signed their first major label record deal with Hollywood Records. Their international debut album was recorded at Avatar Studios in New York City. The album, entitled New Morning was produced by David Kahne, engineered by Joe Barresi and mixed by Michael Brauer.
In 2010 Alpha Rev topped the charts with New Morning reaching #3 on radio, and their video was in the top 10 rotation on VH1. They were also featured as one of VH1's "You Oughta Know, Artist on the Rise."
On December 5, 2012 Alpha Rev published a lyric video for their soon-to-be-released single, "Sing Loud". On January 3, 2013 the single was made available on iTunes, and a full video was released March 11, 2013. Their third album Bloom was released March 19, 2013 on Kirtland Records. Alpha Rev again achieved radio chart success with the single "Sing Loud" reaching #10.
- Casey McPherson (lead vocals, guitar, piano)
- Zak Loy (guitar, mandolin, lap steel)
- Wesley Ardis (guitar, vocals)
- Tabber Millard (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals)
- Matt Noveskey (bass)
- Alpha Rev's song "Colder Months" won Sonicbids 2007 Snocap/American Songwriter contest. Casey McPherson was featured in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of American Songwriter Magazine as one of the best new and upcoming songwriters.
- Casey McPherson was selected as a featured artist to perform at the 10th annual Jeff Buckley tribute at Uncommon Ground in Chicago in November 2007.
- In 2009 and 2010, Alpha Rev was recognized by the Austin Chronicle at the Austin Music Awards during SXSW as one of Austin's best performing rock bands. Also receiving individual performance honors in both years was bassist, Alex Dunlap.
- In May 2009, Alpha Rev was named Austin's best rock band by Rare Magazine in their annual "Rarest of them All" issue.
- Alpha Rev has performed at Austin City Limits Music Festival, Terminal 5, The CMJ Music Marathon and SXSW, as well as main stages at The State Fair of Texas, Summerfest, Michele Clark 's Sunset Session, multiple times and was one of the 4 bands on the first Sunset sessions tour and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- In April 2010, Alpha Rev was named VH1's newest "You Oughtta Know" Artist
- On May 1, 2010, Alpha Rev's video for "New Morning" debuted on the VH1 Top 20 Video Countdown. In all, "New Morning" spent 11 weeks on the countdown, peaking at the #7 position.
- The Greatest Thing I've Ever Learned (2007, re-released in 2008)
- Untitled Flyer Records (recorded in 2007, unreleased)
- New Morning (2010)
- Bloom (2013)
- Alpha Rev (2006)
- City Farm Roots (2011)
- "New Morning" - #100 Billboard Hot 100
- "Phoenix Burn" - #37
- "Sing Loud" - #15 Billboard Adult Contemporary
Compilations and Soundtracks
- "Colder Months" and "Phoenix Burn" were featured during Season 1 of CW's Melrose Place.
- "China Sunrise" and "Wedding Day" were featured during Season 1 of Bravo's TV show, "NYC Prep".
- "Phoenix Burn" was featured in a promotional advertisement for the 3rd season of the abcfamily TV show, Greek.
- "Colder Months" appeared on the compilation Breaking the Silence.
- "Though I Walk" was featured in the film Pineapple
- "New Morning" was featured during Season 4 of ABC's "Brothers & Sisters".
- "New Morning" was featured in "Greek".
- "New Morning" was also featured in The Last Song and was included on the soundtrack album.
- "Colder Months" was featured during Season 3 of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew on VH1
- "Face Down" is featured in the Activision video game Guitar Hero 5
- "Walk This Line" (currently unreleased) has been featured frequently during ESPN's SportsCenter
- "Colder Months" was featured in a promotional advertisement for The OCD Project on VH1.
- "When Did I Wake Up" was featured during Season 2 of USA Network's TV show, Royal Pains.
- "Phoenix Burn" was featured on the official soundtrack of the Walt Disney Pictures production, The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010 film).
- "Phoenix Burn" was featured in the Nintendo 3DS version of the videogame The Sims 3 (EA Games).
- "Flying Colors | The Official Website of Flying Colors: Casey McPherson, Steve Morse, Dave LaRue, Neal Morse and Mike Portnoy". Flyingcolorsmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- Reviews, Media (2012-01-18). "All Media Reviews: Flying Colors - Flying Colors (2012)". Allmediareviews.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-07-02.