Alpha School District
|Alpha School District|
|817 North Boulevard
Alpha, NJ 08865
|Business administrator||Timothy Mantz|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||320 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||B|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "B", the second lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in ninth through twelfth grades attend Phillipsburg High School in Phillipsburg, which serves students from Alpha as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Phillipsburg School District. The high school also serves students from four other sending communities: Bloomsbury (in Hunterdon County), Greenwich Township, Lopatcong Township and Pohatcong Township. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 1,631 students and 117.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.9:1.
- Alpha School for PreK to grade 8 (224 students)
- Daniel Cullen, Principal
- George Chando, Superintendent
- Tim Mantz, Business Administrator
- District information for Alpha Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 15, 2014.
- Phillipsburg High School 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 1, 2016. "At the secondary level, the district serves not only students from the town of Phillipsburg which makes up 37.6% of the high school population, but also students from the surrounding boroughs of Alpha and Bloomsbury, as well as the townships of Greenwich, Lopatcong, and Pohatcong."
- About PSD, Phillipsburg School District. Accessed June 1, 2016. "The district serves students from the Town of Phillipsburg and five sending communities at the secondary level: Alpha, Bloomsbury, Greenwich, Lopatcong and Pohatcong Townships."
- Municipal Guide to Public School Districts, Warren County, New Jersey. Accessed June 1, 2016.
- School data for Phillipsburg High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Alpha School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Board Members, Alpha School District. Accessed January 17, 2017.
- Warren County Department of Education Public School Directory 2016-2017, Warren County, New Jersey. Accessed January 17, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Warren County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 9, 2016.
- Alpha School District
- Alpha Public School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Alpha School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Phillipsburg High School