3D model (JSmol)
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
In United States adults and Chinese adults the mean concentration of serum α-carotene was 4.71 µg/dL, including 4.22 µg/dL among men and 5.31 µg/dL among women (to convert to micromoles per liter, multiply by 0.01863).
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)
The following vegetables are rich in alpha-carotene:
- Yellow-orange vegetables : Carrots (the main source for U.S. adults), Sweet potatoes, Pumpkin, Winter squash
- Dark-green vegetables : Broccoli, Green beans, Green peas, Spinach, Turnip greens, Collards, Leaf lettuce, Avocado, Parsley (10.7 microgram/gram dried parsley leaf)
- Li C, Ford ES, Zhao G, Balluz LS, Giles WH, Liu S (March 2011). "Serum α-carotene concentrations and risk of death among US Adults: the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Follow-up Study". Arch. Intern. Med. 171 (6): 507–15. doi:10.1001/archinternmed.2010.440. PMID 21098341. Archived from the original on 29 November 2010. [Those With High Alpha-Carotene Blood Levels Live Much Longer Lay summary] Check
|laysummary=value (help) – Medical News Today (22 November 2010).
- Alpha-carotene Linked to Lower Mortality Rates , Tufts Health and Nutrition Letter, March 2011
- Nutritional Data, Parsley, accessed 2013.08.05