Alpharetta High School
|Alpharetta High School|
|Principal||Shannon N. Kersey (August 2011-)|
|Color(s)||Maroon, silver, and black|
|Slogan||"To be nationally competitive in academics, the arts, athletics, and service to the community."|
|Average SAT scores (2015)||1,689 |
Alpharetta High School is a public high school located in Alpharetta, Georgia, United States. It is part of the Fulton County School System. Atlanta Magazine named Alpharetta High School one of the metro Atlanta area's best all-around high schools.
Alpharetta High is part of a cluster of schools that interact closely and educate students from kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Creek View Elementary School
- Hopewell Middle School
- Lake Windward Elementary
- Manning Oaks Elementary School
- New Prospect Elementary School
- Webb Bridge Middle School
Competitive sports at Alpharetta High School are football, basketball, baseball, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, wrestling, tennis, track and field, cross country, volleyball, swimming, diving, cheerleading, and golf. Although not officially recognized by the Georgia High School Association, additional athletic activities include rugby, fencing, cricket, ice hockey, and ping pong.
The school was the recipient of the 2007-2008 Governor's Cup for the AAAAA school with the highest increase in SAT scores.
- Michael Bennett, Cincinnati Bengals football player, 2015-present
- Joshua Dobbs, University of Tennessee football player, 2013-present
- "Fulton County Schools SAT Two Year Comparison" (PDF). Fulton County Schools. Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110110053949/http://www.atlantamagazine.com/schoolguide2011/home.aspx. Archived from the original on January 10, 2011. Retrieved January 28, 2011. Missing or empty
- Governors Office of Student Achievement
- "Michael Bennetts".
- "Joshua Dobbs".