Alpico Kōtsū Co., Ltd. (アルピコ交通株式会社, Arupiko Kōtsū Kabushiki-gaisha) is a public transport company in Nagano Prefecture, Japan. It is the core company of Alpico Group and is wholly owned by Alpico Holdings Co., Ltd. The company was known as Matsumoto Electric Railway Co., Ltd. (松本電気鉄道株式会社, Matsumoto Denki-tetsudō Kabushiki-gaisha) until its merger with two affiliate companies on April 1, 2011.
- May 29, 1920 - Incorporated as Chikuma Railway (筑摩鉄道)
- October 2, 1921 - Opens Shimashima Line railway between Matsumoto and Niimura.
- May 3, 1922 - Extends Shimashima Line from Niimura to Hata.
- September 26, 1922 - Extends Shimashima Line from Hata to Shimashima.
- October 31, 1922 - Renamed as Chikuma Electric Railway (筑摩電気鉄道)
- April 19, 1924 - Opens Asama Line tramway between Matsumoto and Asama-onsen.
- December 2, 1932 - Renamed as Matsumoto Electric Railway
- 1942 - Merges with Matsumoto Jidōsha (松本自動車) bus company.
- 1955 - Renames Shimashima Line as Kamikōchi Line.
- April 1, 1964 - Abolishes Asama Line.
- September 28, 1983 - As a result of typhoon disaster, suspends a section of Kamikōchi Line between Shin-Shimashima and Shimashima.
- December 31, 1984 - Officially abolishes the suspended section of Kamikōchi Line.
- April 1, 2011 - Merges with Kawanakajima Bus and Suwa Bus and renamed as Alpico Kōtsū.
The Asama Line, closed in 1964, was a tramway that connected the city of Matsumoto with Asama Onsen hot spa resort.
The company operates highway bus routes and commuter bus routes.
Highway bus routes
- Chuo Kosoku Bus
- Chuo-do Kosoku Bus
- Matsumoto Bus Terminal - Chubu Centrair International Airport
- Alpine Matsumoto Go
- Misuzu Highway Bus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alpico Kotsu.|
- 田中正一 (February 22, 2011). 松電、諏訪・川中島バスを吸収合併へ アルピコ交通に [Matsumoto Elec Ry to merge Suwa Bus, Kawanakajima Bus, to form Alpico Kōtsū]. Asahi Shimbun (in Japanese). Archived from the original on August 22, 2011. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Kokudo Kōtsū Shō Tetsudō Kyoku (2007). Tetsudō Yōran (Heisei 19 Nendo) (in Japanese). Tokyo: Denkisha Kenkyūkai. p. 80. ISBN 978-4-88548-110-9.
- Matsumoto Electric Railway. "Corporate History" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2008-04-19. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- Wakuda, Yasuo (1993). Shitetsushi Handobukku (in Japanese). Tokyo: Denkisha Kenkyūkai. p. 46. ISBN 978-4-88548-065-2.
- Wakuda, supra, p. 48