Alpine Independent School District
|Alpine Independent School District|
|704 W Sul Ross Ave.
ESC Region 18
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||89.6 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.9 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
The Alpine Independent School District is a school district based in Alpine, Texas, United States. Residents of the Sul Ross State University family housing units, Lobo Village 5 through 7, are zoned to Alpine ISD schools. The district operates one high school, Alpine High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $380,110,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.009 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "Recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year the district operated three schools.
- Alpine High School (Grades 9-12)
- Alpine Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- Alpine Elementary School (Grades PK-4)
Alpine High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Alpine High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II. The Alpine High School mascots are the Fightn' Bucks and Lady Bucks.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Alpine ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Alpine High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Residential Living Facilities and Services." Sul Ross State University. Retrieved on April 22, 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Alpine ISD Chooses VDIworks for Virtual Desktops". VDIworks. 2015.