From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Snowboarding. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2014.|
- boards are narrower, longer, and stiffer to improve carving performance
- boots are made from a hard plastic shell
- bindings have a bail or step-in design and are sometimes placed on suspension plates to provide a layer of isolation between an alpine snowboarder and the board
- Chris Klug - The only person to win an Olympic medal after receiving an organ transplantation.
- Karine Ruby - Two time Olympic medallist (Gold in the Giant Slalom in 1998 and silver in the PGS in 2002).