|Directed by||Michelle Chong|
|Produced by||Anita Hatta|
|Music by||Joshua Chia|
|Cinematography||Meng Fye Wong|
|Edited by||Jin Yan|
|Distributed by||Cathay-Keris Films|
Already Famous (Chinese:一泡而红: Yi Pao Er Hong) is a 2011 Singaporean comedy film and the feature film directorial debut of Michelle Chong, who also starred in the film alongside Taiwanese idol Alien Huang. The movie released on 1 December 2011 in Singapore and was selected as the Singaporean entry for the Best Foreign Language Oscar at the 85th Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
Already Famous was well received in Singapore, where it grossed S$1.04 million and viewer demand for the film grew so high that movie theaters had to double the number of screens showing the film.
Ah Kiao (Michelle Chong) is a young village woman from Yong Peng, Malaysia, who spends much of her time dreaming about becoming a famous actor like the ones she sees in her beloved soap operas, much to the chagrin of her family. Despite her family's disapproval, she travels to Singapore to chase her dream and ends up taking on a job as a salesgirl to make ends meet while auditioning. During her stay, Ah Kiao meets a handsome coffee shop worker (Alien Huang), which threatens to distract her from her dream.
- Michelle Chong as Ah Kiao
- Alien Huang as Christopher / Ah Seng
- Chua En Lai as Vaness
- David Gan as Celebrity hair stylist
- Sherry Lim as Hair salon receptionist
- Patricia Mok as Modeling agency booker
- Ernest Seah as Earness
- Wilson Ng as Ah Kiao Father
- Meng Chue Lok as Kiao's Grandmother
The Hollywood Reporter gave Almost Famous a mixed review, writing "This lightweight film drags on for two hours, when 90 minutes would have been just about right. Still, the likable cast and knowing touches keep us watching right up until the end credits, which feature the same kind of outrageous out-takes that end many American comedies." Variety was more positive in their review, where they called it "A cheery hoot that pokes fun at showbiz pomposity even as it affirms its protag's impervious optimism."
- List of submissions to the 85th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Singaporean submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Wong, Alicia. "Michelle Chong’s Already Famous grosses S$1.04 million". Yahoo. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "71 Countries Vie for 2012 Foreign Language Film Oscar®". 8 October 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Michelle Chong’s Film "Already Famous" Is Singapore’s Entry Into The Oscars". Popspoken. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Farber, Stephen. "Already Famous: Film Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Lee, Maggie. "Review: ‘Already Famous’". Variety. Retrieved 10 April 2015.