Alsager railway station
|Local authority||Cheshire East|
|Managed by||East Midlands Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|9 October 1848||Opened|
|April 1889||Renamed Alsager Rode Heath|
|2 April 1923||Renamed Alsager|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Alsager from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Alsager railway station serves the town of Alsager in Cheshire, England. It stands next to a level crossing and is approximately 600 yards from the town centre. The station is 6 1⁄2 miles (10.5 km) east of Crewe on the Crewe to Derby Line which is also a Community rail line known as the North Staffordshire line. The station is owned by Network Rail and managed by East Midlands Railway.
The station is unstaffed. The full range of tickets for travel are purchased from the guard on the train at no extra cost.
It was opened by the North Staffordshire Railway company on 9 October 1848 then became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The line then passed on to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
The current off-peak service on Monday-Saturday from the station consists of:
- One train per hour in each direction operated by East Midlands Railway between Crewe and Derby.
- One train per hour in each direction operated by London Northwestern Railway between Crewe and London Euston via Birmingham New Street.
On Sundays there is at least an hourly Crewe - London Euston service for most of the day serving the station and after 14:00 there is an hourly service between Crewe and Derby.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|East Midlands Railway|
|London Northwestern Railway|
- Quick, Michael (2009) . Railway passenger stations in Great Britain: a chronology (4th ed.). Oxford: Railway and Canal Historical Society. ISBN 978-0-901461-57-5. OCLC 612226077.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alsager railway station.|