|Sociedad Anónima Bursátil de Capital Variable|
|Traded as||BMV: ALSEA|
|Predecessor||Operadora DP, S.A. de C.V|
|Founded||16 May 1997Mexico City, Mexicoin|
Number of employees
Alsea, S.A.B. de C.V., known as Alsea, is a Mexican multi-brand restaurant operator based in Mexico City, Mexico. It was founded as a holding company in 1997. Its operating portfolio includes fast-food, casual dining, and cafeteria type restaurant chains located in Mexico, South America and Europe. It is one of the largest foodservice companies in Mexico according to CNN Expansión.
Alsea reported revenues of US$1.7 billion for 2014. It operates more than 3,093 units of restaurant chains in Mexico, Spain, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, The Netherlands & France and employs more than 60,000 people. Alsea is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the IPC, the main benchmark index of Mexican stocks.
In 2014, Alsea acquired the Mexican restaurant chain Vips and the Spanish Grupo Zena.
In 2019, Alsea acquired the rights to operate and develop establishments of the Starbucks brand in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg (BENELUX) and France.
Alsea has the rights to manage and open restaurants from these brands as follows:
|Restaurant||Countries||No. of Locations|
|Starbucks||Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, The Netherlands & Luxembourg||1517|
|Domino's Pizza||Mexico, Colombia & Spain||1167|
|Burger King||Mexico, Argentina, Chile & Spain||647|
|Chili's||Mexico & Chile||77|
|P.F. Chang’s China Bistro||Mexico, Chile & Colombia||29|
|The Cheesecake Factory||Mexico||4|
|Vips||Mexico & Spain||427|
|Cañas y Tapas||Spain||18|
|Ginos||Spain & Portugal||124|
In February 2019, Alsea de CV : ACQUIRES THE RIGHTS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE BRAND STARBUCKS IN THE NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM AND LUXEMBOURG.
- "Managing Mexico's Fast-Food Growing Pains" (PDF). DS Solutions: 21. 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Top 10 del Ranking 2014". CNN Expansión. Archived from the original on 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- "Alsea. Investor Relations" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- Alsea's 2014 Annual Report[permanent dead link]
- Elinor Comlay (10 September 2013). "Mexico's Alsea to buy Walmex restaurant chain for 8.2 billion pesos". Reuters.