Aeroporto de Altamira
|Elevation AMSL||112 m / 368 ft|
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport was inaugurated in 1979.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Belém, Carajás, Manaus, Parintins, Porto de Trombetas, Santarém|
|MAP Linhas Aéreas||Belém, Manaus, Parintins, Santarém|
Accidents and incidents
- 6 June 1990: a TABA Fairchild Hiller FH-227 registration PT-ICA flying from Belém-Val de Cans to Altamira, while on approach to land under fog at Altamira, descended below the approach path, collided with trees and crashed 850m short of the runway. Of the 41 passengers and crew, 23 died.
- 25 January 1993: a TABA Fairchild Hiller FH-227 registration PT-LCS operating a cargo flight from Belém-Val de Cans to Altamira crashed into the jungle near Altamira during night-time approach procedures. The crew of 3 died.
The airport is located 7 km (4 mi) from downtown Altamira.
Due to the construction of nearby Belo Monte Dam, Altamira Airport will undergo a major renovation, including the extension of the runway, and enlargement of the apron and passenger terminal. The renovation is expected to begin before the end of 2011.
This article needs to be updated.November 2019)(
- "Estatísticas" (in Portuguese). Infraero. 2 February 2016. Archived from the original on 4 April 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero. Archived from the original on 2012-03-10.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Accident description PT-ICA". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- Germano da Silva, Carlos Ari César (2008). "Nevoeiro na reta final". O rastro da bruxa: história da aviação comercial brasileira no século XX através dos seus acidentes 1928-1996 (in Portuguese) (2 ed.). Porto Alegre: EDIPUCRS. pp. 361–363. ISBN 978-85-7430-760-2.
- "Accident description PT-LCS". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "Infraero planeja expandir aeroporto de Altamira, cidade-sede de Belo Monte" (in Portuguese). globo.com. July 18, 2011. Retrieved July 27, 2016.