Altamuskin or Altamooskan (Irish: Allt a' Mhúscáin, meaning "Glen of the spongy ground") is a small village and townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is situated in the historic barony of Clogher and the civil parish of Errigal Keerogue and covers an area of 1165 acres. In the 2014 Census Altamuskin had a population of 127 people (54 houses). It lies within the Omagh District Council area and is home to St Bridget's Altamuskin. The population of the townland declined during the 19th century:
- Altamuskin Community Hall provides sports, youthclub, playgroup and part-time post office and credit union facilities.
Community Dances on the 3rd Friday Night of every month.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Altamuskin.|
- "Altamuskin". Placenames NI. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- "Townlands of County Tyrone". IreAtlas Townland Database. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "List of all settlements with population of over 50 people". NI Neighbourhood Information Service. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Census of Ireland 1851". Enhanced Parliamentary Papers on Ireland. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "Census of Ireland 1891". Enhanced Parliamentary Papers on Ireland. Retrieved 25 December 2012.