|Quarter of Hamburg|
Some houses at the old dike at Altengamme
|• Total||15.6 km2 (6.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Altengamme located in the Bergedorf borough of the Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg in northern Germany, is a rural quarter on the right bank of the Elbe river. Altengamme is the most eastern part of Hamburg. In 2011 the population was 2,204.
The quarter has a total area of 15.6 km². The quarter consists of the settlements Altengamme and Borghorst and the surrounding farm land. The western border is to the quarters Curslack and Neuengamme, with the river Dove Elbe as its border. In the East and North is the state Schleswig-Holstein with the district of Lauenburg. In the South the river Elbe is the border to Lower Saxony with the district Harburg.
The population density was 141/km2 (365/sq mi). 19.3% were children under the age of 18, and 19.7% were 65 years of age or older. 1.9% were immigrants. 43 people were registered as unemployed and 753 were employees subject to social insurance contributions.
In 1999 there were 854 households out of which 30% had children under the age of 18 living with them and 21.3% of all households were made up of individuals. The average household size was 2.5.
In 2006 there were 52 criminal offences (24 crimes per 1000 people).
Population by year
The population is counted by the residential registration office for 31 December each year.
There was 1 elementary school and no secondary school in Altengamme.
In Altengamme were 1 day care center for children and also 3 physicians in private practice and no pharmacy.
According to the Department of Motor Vehicles (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt), in the quarter were 1,185 private cars registered (539 cars/1000 people). There were 5 traffic accidents total, all 5 traffic accidents with damage to persons.
- Residents registration office, source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (1999)
- State Investigation Bureaux (Landeskriminalamt), source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Traffic accident statistic, statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Statistical office Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein Statistisches Amt für Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein, official website (in German)
- Hans-Karl Lange: Altengamme im Wechsel und Wandel von acht Jahrhunderten. In: Lichtwark. 51. Publisher: Lichtwark-Auschuß, Bergedorf, 1987. See now: Publisher: HB-Werbung, Hamburg-Bergedorf. ISSN 1862-3549
- HARRI (Pseudonym for Harald Richert): Die älteren Kirchenglocken des ehemaligen Amtes Bergedorf . In: Lichtwark-Heft Nr. 69. Publisher: HB-Werbung, Hamburg-Bergedorf. ISSN 1862-3549
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Altengamme.|