From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up alteration in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In music, alteration is the use of a neighboring pitch in the chromatic scale in place of its diatonic neighbor.
Alteration may also refer to:
- in law, alteration is an offence of modifying an object with a view to deceiving another into believing that the true object is the same as that altered, for instance, money alteration is an offence of altering money "with the intent that it be brought into circulation as genuine or that such bringing into circulation be facilitated"
- in tailoring, changing an existing garment
- in geology, mineral alteration the changing of minerals and rock fabrics chemically by heat and fluid circulation
- The Alteration, 1976 alternate history novel by Kingsley Amis
- Alteration (album), by Altera Enigma
- Alter (disambiguation)
- Alternation (disambiguation)
- Change (disambiguation)
- Modification (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alteration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.