From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up alternative, alternativism, or alternate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alternative may refer to:
Genres of music
- Alternative rock, also known as "alternative music" or simply "alternative"
- Alternative country
- Alternative dance
- Alternative hip hop
- Alternative metal
- Alternative pop, an alternative name for indie pop
- Alternative R&B, known more commonly as "PBR&B"
Mathematics and science
- Alternative algebra, an abstract algebra with alternative multiplication
- Alternate leaves, a classification in botanical phyllotaxis
- Alternative investment, investment other than stocks, bond (finance), money funds, and cash
- Alternative education, non-traditional education
- Alternative school, a school geared towards students whose needs cannot be met in a traditional school
Culture and society
- Alternative comics, a genre of comic strips and books
- Alternative comedy, a range of styles used by comedians and writers in the 1980s
- Alternative culture, a variety of subcultures existing along the fringes of mainstream culture
- Alternative dispute resolution, processes and techniques outside the traditional mainstream of jurisprudence
- Alternative fashion, for example Gothic fashion, Punk fashion, Fetish fashion
- Alternative lifestyle, a lifestyle that is not within the cultural norm
- Alternative media, media practices falling outside the mainstreams of corporate communication
- Alternative medicine, healing practice that does not fall within the realm of conventional medicine
- Alternative (Kamen Rider), a character in the Japanese TV series, Kamen Rider Ryuki
- Alternative (album), a B-sides album by Pet Shop Boys
- The Alternative (album), an album by IAMX
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alternative.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.