|Products||UAV Photography Platforms, Gimbals|
AltiGator is a multirotor unmanned aerial vehicle manufacturer founded in 2008 and headquartered in Waterloo, Walloon Brabant, Belgium. It produces complete ready-to-fly radio-controlled miniature UAVs for various professional applications. It also holds a web-shop providing spare parts, self-assembly kits and accessories for drones.
AltiGator UAVs are registered under the OnyxStar trademark which is a brand for Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) and camera mounts dedicated to this sector. They are embedding Pixhawk or MikroKopter's flight electronics and can lift a broad range of sensors.
Civil Aviation Authorities
AltiGator builds French DGAC-certified Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) used by many UAV operators in France as listed on the Directorate General for Civil Aviation website. Therefore, the company is also listed as a certified drone manufacturer on the Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy website because this Ministry is also in charge of Transportation and Aviation purposes.
In late April 2016, because of the brand new drone regulation in Belgium, AltiGator also became the first Belgian UAV manufacturer ever approved by the DGLV (Belgian Civil Aviation Authorities). Indeed, AltiGator drones are listed on the official list of class 1a certified drones.
Former UAV Models
|Maximum Effective Payload (sensor + gimbal)||kg||0.75||2||2.5|
|MTOW (Maximum Take-Off Weight)||kg||1.6||4.5||8|
|Most common use||-||Search & Rescue||Thermal imaging||Photogrammetry|
Current UAV models
|Specifications||Units||ALG-EOS||XENA||FOX-C8 HD||FOX-C8 XT||HYDRA-12|
|Electronics||-||MikroKopter and Pixhawk||MikroKopter and Pixhawk||MikroKopter and Pixhawk||MikroKopter and Pixhawk||MikroKopter|
|Maximum Recommended Payload (sensor + gimbal)||kg||—||2||3||5||12|
|MTOW (Maximum Take-Off Weight)||kg||1.5||5.6||12||14||23|
|Particularity||-||Made for training||Foldable||Multivalent||Best flight time||Best lifting capacity|
|Most common use||-||Learning||Industrial inspection||LIDAR||Surveillance||Spectrography|
- "Altigator". dronelife.com.
- "Trademark information for ONYXSTAR from CTM - by Markify". markify.com.
- AltiGator. "AltiGator and MikroKopter in Nuremberg". altigator.com.
- DGAC. "France DGAC approved seller listing". developpement-durable.gouv.fr. Archived from the original on 30 September 2015.
- Droneblog. "AltiGator, first Belgian drone manufacturer". droneblog.be.
- DGLV. "Certificates of conformity for drones". belgium.be.
- sUAS News. "Drone embedded LIDAR technology on OnyxStar FOX-C8-HD". suasnews.com.
- sUAS News. "AltiGator and YellowScan unveil a 5.6kg survey-grade LiDAR UAS all integrated system, ideal for centimetric urban surveys". suasnews.com.