Alto Township, Lee County, Illinois
Location in Lee County
Lee County's location in Illinois
|Established||February 28, 1860|
|• Supervisor||Dennis E. Burkhart|
|• Total||34.94 sq mi (90.5 km2)|
|• Land||34.9 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||16.2/sq mi (6.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60530, 60553, 61068|
|GNIS feature ID||0428585|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.94 square miles (90.5 km2), of which 34.9 square miles (90 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these two cemeteries: Steward and Union.
Airports and landing strips
- Thompson Landing Strip
- Wilbur Thompson Airport
- Indian Creek Community Unit District 425
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 45
- "Alto Township, Lee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Dement Township, Ogle County||Malta Township, DeKalb County|
|Reynolds Township||Milan Township, DeKalb County|
|Viola Township||Willow Creek Township||Shabbona Township, DeKalb County|