|Quarter of Hamburg|
The school Theodor-Haubach-Schule
|• Total||2.2 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||10,000/km2 (26,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
According to the statistical office of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, the quarter has a total area of 2.2 square kilometres (1 sq mi).
In 2006 in the quarter Altona-Nord were living 21,406 people. 15,1% were children under the age of 18, and 9,8% were 65 years of age or older. 22,9% were immigrants. 1689 people were registered as unemployed. In 1999 55,1% of all households were made up of individuals.
Population by year 
In 2006 there were 3,314 criminal offences (155 crimes per 1,000 people).
In 2006 there were 2 elementary schools and 4 secondary schools in Altona-Nord.
Holsten Brewery plc. is located in the quarter.
23 physicians in private practice and 4 pharmacies were registered in 2006.
According to the Department of Motor Vehicles (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt), in Altona-Nord were 5,682 private cars registered (269 cars/1,000 people).
- Residents registration office, source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (1999)
- State Investigation Bureaux (Landeskriminalamt), source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- Statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, official website Statistisches Amt für Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Altona-Nord, Hamburg.|
|This Hamburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|