|Privately held companies|
|Industry||Software Product Development|
Big Data, IT Consulting
|Renat Khasanshyn (CEO), Andrei Yurkevich (President) |
Number of employees
|over 250 (Q2, 2015)|
Altoros Systems (also spelled as "Альторос") is a software development company that provides products and services for the Cloud Foundry platform. Altoros contributes to development and evolution of this open source initiative as governed by the Linux Foundation.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, the company runs offices in U.S., Norway, Denmark, UK, Finland, Sweden, Argentina and Belarus. Altoros actively supports and brings up technology communities in America and Europe by organizing related educational events (such as meetups, CloudCamps, user group meetings, hackathons, free programming courses, etc.)
In May 2014, Altoros joined the Cloud Foundry Foundation as a Silver Member. The organization is governed by the Linux Foundation starting from December the same year.
In 2007, Altoros founded Belarus Java User Group, which unites more than 500 Java developers in Belarus. Since 2008, Altoros has been arranging a variety of conferences and other events for IT specialists in Belarus, featuring Microsoft, Adobe, SUN Microsystems, and Engine Yard representatives as speakers.
In 2010, Altoros co-founded Belarus Ruby on Rails User Group. To support this initiative, in August 2011, the company launched free educational Ruby on Rails training course for developers in Eastern Europe. Altoros also sponsors numerous Ruby conferences around the world (RubyConf in Argentina, Barcelona Ruby Conference in Spain, RubyConfBY in Belarus, etc.).
On October 11, 2011, Altoros officially organized the first CloudCamp in Denmark (in its standard format/agenda). It was followed by the first CloudCamp in Eastern Europe—held on April 7, 2012 (in Minsk, Belarus).
In addition, Altoros's engineers regularly speak at IT events across both Europe and America, sharing their experience in big data, cloud computing, PaaS, etc., Local IT news resource writes about a 3-day conference held by Adobe and arranged by Altoros. Altoros is also a partner of Belarus .NET User Group, Belarus Adobe Flash Platform User Group, Belarus Microsoft Certified Professional Club, and Belarus Open Source Lab―among others.
In February 2014, Altoros was recognized as one of top big data, business intelligence and Hadoop consultants (by Clutch, ex-SourcingLine, an independent Washington, DC-based research company).
Open Source Projects
Altoros is the founder of Apatar, open source data integration project used by 27,000+ companies worldwide. The project connects data between different sources (mainly, databases and CRM/ERP systems).
Starting from 2012, Altoros regularly issues independent technology benchmarks that help to evaluate performance of open source big data technologies, such as Hadoop and NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, Redis, etc.).
Cloud Foundry Contributions
Since 2014, Altoros is a Silver Member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation (governed by the Linux Foundation ). Prior to joining this initiative, the Altoros team contributed to the Cloud Foundry Community Advisory Board meetings on a monthly basis.
One of the company’s first major code contribution to Cloud Foundry was development of the CF Vagrant Installer (built in 2013). At that time, this was one of the main tools for deploying Cloud Foundry on small instances, such as a laptop.
Altoros is also contributing to development of Juju Charms for Cloud Foundry—an orchestration tool for deploying CF on Ubuntu infrastructures. This collaborative project is led by Pivotal and Canonical.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2003-06-24. Retrieved 2012-03-28.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- ""Cloud Foundry Foundation Established to Advance Platform-as-a-Service"". Archived from the original on 2015-03-29. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Silicon Valley og Silkeborg Valley - Midtjyllands Avis, a Danish daily newspaper, publishes an article about Altoros, settled down recently in Silkeborg Valley. (in Danish)
- "ISellMobile launches free app" Archived 2012-03-12 at the Wayback Machine An article in the Mobile Magazine by Noble House Media, the famous UK publisher of mobile magazines, mentions contribution of Altoros to iSellMobile, a free app
- "When Offshoring Goes Bad" Archived 2009-05-23 at the Wayback Machine, An article by Salon (a part of The Associated Press) about outsourcing, mentioning Altoros as an opposite to bad offshoring (2004)
- "Young software exec moves to open source model" Archived 2011-08-13 at the Wayback Machine Mass High Tech, a business journal in New England, interviews the CEO of Altoros about the history of Apatar and Altoros.
- "TechZulu interviews Renat Khasanshyn of Altoros Systems"(2008)
- High-Tech R&D: Too Vital To Outsource?, Renat Khasanshyn, Altoros's CEO, speaks about the business model of his company in an E-commerce Times article, a resource of ECT News Network
- "$1000 за 24 часа: в Минске проходит хакатон hacby’11 web&mobile" A report from the first hackathon in Belarus, which was organized by Altoros (in Russian)
- "В Минске обсудили перспективы Ruby on Rails" A piece of news about a free seminar on Ruby on Rails organized by Altoros(in Russian)
- "Altoros предлагает веб-разработчикам бесплатные курсы по Ruby on Rails" TUT.by, the largest news portal in Belarus, writes about the training course for Ruby on Rails developers arranged by Altoros (in Russian)
- "Altoros grows big-data technology benchmarking business on Cloud Foundry PaaS"
- "Meeting the geek behind Apatar" Robert Scoble interviews CEO of Altoros about the community behind Apatar
- "InformationWeek associate editor Elena Malykhina interviews Renat Khasanshyn" InformationWeek interviews CEO of Altoros on the launch of Apatar
- "NHN, Korea's largest Internet company, is interested in establishing cooperation with Belarus' High-Tech Park" National TV and Radio of Belarus about the meeting of NHN Corporation with Altoros and other HTP residents of High-Tech Park
- "Официальная презентация Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 в Беларуси", One of the largest printed IT media in Belarus announces two educational seminars from Microsoft organized by Altoros (in Russian)
- Adobe: "3 дня и 6 докладов.", Local IT news resource informs about a conference featuring Adobe arranged by Altoros. (in Russian)
- "Круглый стол по Java в Минске", One of the largest printed IT newspaper in Belarus writes about a free seminar on Java organized by Altoros (in Russian)
- В Минске прошел первый в Беларуси CloudCamp, TUT.by, the largest news portal in Belarus, reports about the first CloudCamp in Eastern Europe, which was organized by Altoros. (in Russian)
- «Открытые технологии. Материалы 7-й международной конференции Linux Vacation / Eastern Europe 2011», Брест «Альтернатива» 2011, ISBN 978-985-521-251-6: This science publication features Altoros's presentation of Cells.js and interview with its author, who compares the work at Altoros and in Silicon Valley (pp. 6-8, pp.127-130). (in Russian)
- "Altoros Recognized As A One Of Top Hadoop And Big Data Consultants"[permanent dead link]
- "Evaluating NoSQL performance: Which database is right for your data?"
- "Altoros Releases In-Depth Scoring Framework for Custom Evaluation of NoSQL Data Stores"
- "Comparing the top Hadoop distributions"