From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Altreich or Altes Reich ("Old Empire") is a German term that may refer to:
- A synonym for the medieval Kingdom of Germany in prior German historiography, i.e. the territory of the German stem duchies excluding the Saxon and Bavarian eastern marches
- Altreich (pre-1938 Nazi Germany), those territories that were part of Nazi Germany before 1938 (so not including Austria, annexed in 1938), per the Glossary of Nazi Germany
- A synonym for the Holy Roman Empire by modern German historical writing, in contrast to the German Reich of 1871
- A synonym for the Austrian Empire as well as Austria-Hungary by Austrian historians
- A sarcastic name for the Dąbrowa Basin used in Upper Silesia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Altreich.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.