Alturas Municipal Airport
|Alturas Municipal Airport|
FAA runway diagram
|Owner||City of Alturas|
|Elevation AMSL||4,378 ft / 1,334 m|
Alturas Municipal Airport (ICAO: KAAT, FAA LID: AAT formerly O00), is a city-owned public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) west of the central business district of Alturas, a city in Modoc County, California, United States. This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorizes it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Alturas Municipal Airport is assigned AAT by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned AAT to Altay Airport in Altay, Xinjiang, China).
Facilities and aircraft
Alturas Municipal Airport covers an area of 160 acres (65 ha) at an elevation of 4,378 feet (1,334 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13/31 is 4,300 by 50 feet (1,311 x 15 m) and 3/21 is 3,096 by 60 feet (944 x 18 m). For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 31,500 aircraft operations, an average of 86 per day: 95% general aviation and 5% air taxi.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AAT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 Feb 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 Oct 2008.
- "Alturas Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KAAT, FAA: AAT)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 4 Mar 2010.
- "Altay Airport, China (IATA: AAT, ICAO: ZWAT)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 4 Mar 2010.
- Aerial image as of 25 August 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for AAT, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: