Alva is a surname of Portuguese origin derived from the place of habitation.. The surname also occurs among the Bunt people of Karnataka, India. It is an alternate form of a dynastic title of the Alupa royal family.
The following is a list of notable people with last name Alva.
- A. Shanker Alva (born 1906), Indian politician and lawyer
- Bartolomé de Alva (born 1590s), Novohispanic mestizo secular priest and Nahuatl translator
- Jeevaraj Alva (died 2001), Indian politician
- Joachim Alva (1907–1979), Indian freedom fighter, journalist and politician
- K. Nagappa Alva (born 1908), Indian politician
- Leonel Mário d'Alva, Prime Minister of São Tomé and Príncipe (1974–1975)
- Luigi Alva, Peruvian opera singer
- Margaret Alva (born 1942), first woman governor of the Indian state of Uttarakhand, daughter-in-law of Joachim Alva
- Piero Alva (born 1979), Peruvian footballer
- Ramón Alva de la Canal (1892–1985), Mexican painter and illustrator
- Tony Alva (born 1957), American skateboarder, entrepreneur, and musician
- Violet Alva (1908–1969), Indian politician, wife of Joachim Alva
- Walter Alva (born 1951), Peruvian archaeologist
|surname Alva. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|