Alvarado Independent School District
|Alvarado Independent School District|
|110 N Bill Jackson Dr.
ESC Region 11
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Kenneth Estes|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||205.49 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||16.56 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football & Basketball|
|Colors||Purple, Gold, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
The Alvarado Independent School District is a public school district based in Alvarado, Texas (USA). In addition to Alvarado, the district also serves the unincorporated community of Lillian. The district operates one high school, Alvarado High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $1,536,036,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.028 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in nine schools.
- Regular instructional
- Alvarado High School (Grades 9-12)
- Alvarado Junior High School (Grades 7-8)
- Alvarado Intermediate School (Grades 4-6)
- Alvarado Elementary North (Grades PK-3)
- Alvarado Elementary South (Grades PK-3)
- Lillian Elementary School (Grades PK-3)
- Alternative instructional
- Alvarado ISD Accelerated Education (Grades 9-12)
- JJAEP instructional
- Juvenile Justice Alternative (Grades 6-12)
- DAEP instructional
- Alternative Learning Center (Grades 6-12)
Alvarado High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, track, cross country, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, soccer, softball, track, cross country, and volleyball. For the 2016 through 2017 school years, Alvarado High School will play football in UIL Class 4A.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Alvarado ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Superintendent". Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Alvarado High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.