This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alvas with FC Cincinnati in 2019
|Full name||Alvas Elvis Powell|
|Date of birth||18 July 1994|
|Place of birth||Danvers Pen, St. Thomas, Jamaica |
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Portland Timbers (loan)||20||(2)|
|2014||→ Sacramento Republic (loan)||3||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 October 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 September 2019
Alvas Elvis Powell (born 18 July 1994) is a Jamaican international footballer who plays for FC Cincinnati as a defender. A native of the parish St. Thomas, he attended Paul Bogle High School and gained recognition for his participation in the Da Costa Cup competition.
Powell began his career with Portmore United; he made his senior debut after January 2012. In 2013, Powell went out on loan to Portland Timbers in the MLS, which was extended through December 2014. On 30 August 2014 he scored his first goal for the Timbers in a 3-0 win against the Vancouver Whitecaps.
He made his senior international debut with Jamaica in 2012. He previously played at the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup. He helped the Reggae Boyz to capture the 2014 CFU Caribbean Football Unions (men's) Title beating Trinidad and Tobago in Penalties.
- As of 14 April 2018
|Club||Season||League||Playoffs||US Open Cup||CONCACAF||Total|
- Scores and results list Jamaica's goal tally first.
|1.||9 September 2019||Synthetic Track and Field Facility, Leonora, Guyana||Guyana||1–0||4–0||2019–20 CONCACAF Nations League B|
- "Jamaica's 40 player provisional list to Copa Centenario". Jamaica Football Federation. 3 May 2016. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "From Danvers Pen to Portland Timbers Alvas Powell is rising to the occasion". Jamaica Observer. 7 November 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Oshane Tobias (23 January 2012). "What's the story with Alvas Powell?". Jamaica Observer.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 December 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Alvas Powell". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman.
- Alvas Powell – FIFA competition record
- Jamie Goldberg [@Jamiebgoldberg] (13 February 2015). "For those interested in international roster spots, both Alvas Powell & Norberto Paparatto are now green card holders #RCTID" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- McCauley, Kim (6 December 2015). "Goals, screw-ups, stats and more: Everything great from the MLS Cup Final". SBNation.com. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- Blue, Molly (1 December 2015). "Portland Timbers, fans celebrate Western Conference Championship". Oregonlive.com. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
|This biographical article relating to Jamaican soccer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|