Alvin High School
|Alvin High School|
|802 S Johnson St.
Alvin, Texas 77511-3581
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Alvin Independent School District|
|Principal||Johnny Briseño, Ed.D.|
|Color(s)||Burnt Orange & White|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAAA|
|Website||Alvin High School|
Alvin High School is a public high school located in the city of Alvin, Texas, USA and classified as a 6A school by the UIL. It is a part of the Alvin Independent School District located in central Brazoria County. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
Alvin High School opened in 1894, with its first graduating class graduating in 1897. Alvin High School gained more residents as many school districts consolidated into Alvin ISD. and remained Alvin ISD's only high school until Manvel High School opened in fall 2006 with 9th and 10th grades, phasing in 11th and 12th grades in the following two years.
After the annexation of several school districts, ending with the Manvel Independent School District in 1973, Alvin High School served the city of Manvel, the town of Iowa Colony, portions of the city of Pearland (including the Brazoria County portion of Shadow Creek Ranch), and additional portions of unincorporated Brazoria County (including Rosharon) until the opening of Manvel High School.
Alvin ISD, since 2001, has required its students to adhere to a strict dress code. On January 28, 1999 300 students walked out of class to protest the dress code; 120 of them faced arrest and were charged with disrupting classes. One student requested a jury trial and had his charges dropped. Other students received probation and community service.
Communities served by Alvin High School
Alvin ISD requires all students to wear standardized dress, which is similar to a school uniform.
The Alvin Yellowjackets compete in these sports - 
Volleyball, Cross Country, Football, Basketball, Gymnastics, Powerlifting, Swimming, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Water Polo, Baseball & Softball
- Baseball 
- Nathan Eovaldi (class of 2008), pitcher, drafted by the Dodgers in senior year
- Nolan Ryan (class of 1965), pitcher, held Alvin High School strikeout record for 44 years
- Reid Ryan, pitcher, President of Business Operations for the Houston Astros organization
- Austin Miller (class of 1994), actor, singer and dancer
- George Layne, NFL RB (2001-2004)
- Texas Tribune
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency.
- AISD History
- Hung, Melissa. "Mystery Code." Houston Press. March 8, 2001. 1.
- The Athletics Department
- UIL Softball Archives
- UIL Boys Track Archives
- UIL Baseball Archives
- McTaggart, Brian (May 16, 2013). "Source: Reid Ryan to be named president of Astros". MLB.com. Retrieved May 21, 2013.