Alvin Purple (band)
|Origin||York/Leeds, Yorkshire, UK|
Alvin Purple are an English indie rock band based in York and Leeds, UK. The band currently consists of Carly Humphries (vocals), Luke Barnfather (Guitar), Ralph Sayers (bass guitar) and Matthew Bradley (drums). The band are known for their live performances, they have toured the UK and played a number of UK festivals.[peacock term]
The band have performed live sessions for BBC Introducing  and have had airplay on BBC 6 Music. The band released a debut double A-Side single in Spring 2010 ("The Look"/"Stare to Declare"). Both songs were featured in the BBC1 programme Waterloo Road  The band have collaborated with Craig Goode and Andy Little to make a number of videos. The band have been working with producer James Kenosha, they have confirmed that they will release Huh Her / Please Please on 23/01/12.[needs update]
- The Look/Stare to Declare (March 2010)
- Huh Her (January 2012)
- "Galtres Festival - Day One - Sat 28th Aug (Live Review) - Stereoboard". stereoboard.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Alvin Purple - Live BBC Session on Vimeo". vimeo.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "BBC - Matt Seymour's More Raw Live at The Duchess in York". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Sheena Beaston". Archived from the original on 2010-06-07. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Episode 7.19". Waterloo Road. Archived from the original on 25 May 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Alvin Purple". alvinpurple.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|