Alvin S. Felzenberg
Alvin S. Felzenberg is an American author, columnist, consultant, educator, historian, public official, and spokesperson. A resident of Washington, D.C., he's perhaps best known for his books on the history of the United States, an example being 2008's The Leaders We Deserved. As a professor, he's served in institutions such as George Washington University and the University of Virginia.
Background and career
He was Principal Spokesman for the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, also known as the 9/11 Commission. Felzenberg is currently Director of Communications for the Joint Economic Committee of the United States Congress.
Felzenberg served as the Special Assistant and Adviser to the National Broadcasting Board of Governors, as consultant to the Secretary of the Navy, and as Director of Community Outreach and Public Liaison for the Office of Secretary in the U.S. Department of Defense during the administration of George W. Bush. From 1982 to 1989, Felzenberg was assistant secretary of state of New Jersey in the administration of Governor Thomas H. Kean
Felzenberg was a fellow at the Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He has lectured at Princeton, Yale, George Washington, and Johns Hopkins Universities. Since 2007, Felzenberg has been visiting lecturer at the Annenberg School for Communications at the University of Pennsylvania.
He is the author of The Keys to a Successful Presidency, Governor Tom Kean: From the New Jersey Statehouse to the 9/11 Commission, The Leaders We Deserved (and a Few We Didn't): Rethinking the Presidential Rating Game, and A Man and His Presidents — The Political Odyssey of William F. Buckley Jr.
- Felzenberg, Alvin S. (2006). Governor Tom Kean. Rutgers University Press. ISBN 978-0-8135-3799-3.
- The Claremont Institute. Alvin S. Felzenberg Archived 2010-06-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Harvard University Institute of Politics. Former Fellow, Alvin S. Felzenberg Archived 2010-08-18 at the Wayback Machine.
- Felzenberg, Alvin S. (2008). The Leaders We Deserve (and a Few We Didn't). Basic Books. ISBN 9780465002917.
- Felzenberg, Alvin S. (2017). A Man and His Presidents — The Political Odyssey of William F. Buckley Jr. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300163841.
- The Weekly Standard Online. .
- National Review Online. .
- Princeton Alumni Weekly. 95. 1994.CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)