Alvin S. Felzenberg
Alvin S. Felzenberg is an American presidential historian, political commentator, and public official. He was Principal Spokesman for the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, also known as the 9/11 Commission. Felzenberg is currently Director of Communications for the Joint Economic Committee of the United States Congress.
Felzenberg served as the Special Assistant and Adviser to the National Broadcasting Board of Governors, as consultant to the Secretary of the Navy, and as Director of Community Outreach and Public Liaison for the Office of Secretary in the U.S. Department of Defense during the administration of George W. Bush. From 1982 to 1989, Felzenberg was assistant secretary of state of New Jersey in the administration of Governor Thomas H. Kean
Felzenberg was a fellow at the Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He has lectured at Princeton, Yale, George Washington, and Johns Hopkins Universities. Since 2007, Felzenberg has been visiting lecture at the Annenberg School for Communications at the University of Pennsylvania.
He is the author of "Keys to a Successful Presidency" "Governor Tom Kean: From the New Jersey Statehouse to the 9/11 Commission and The Leaders We Deserved (and a Few We Didn’t): Rethinking the Presidential Rating Game. Felzenberg is a regular contributor to several periodicals, including The Philadelphia Inquirer, U.S. News & World Report, The Weekly Standard and National Review.
- Felzenberg, Alvin S. (2006). Governor Tom Kean. Rutgers University Press. ISBN 978-0-8135-3799-3.
- The Claremont Institute. Alvin S. Felzenberg.
- Harvard University Institute of Politics. Former Fellow, Alvin S. Felzenberg.
- Felzenberg, Alvin S. (2008). The Leaders We Deserve (and a Few We Didn’t). Basic Books.
- The Weekly Standard Online. .
- National Review Online. .
- Princeton Alumni Weekly. 95. 1994.