Alvin T. Onaka
Dr. Alvin T. Onaka is the Registrar of Vital Statistics for the State of Hawaii. Dr. Onaka was the 2008 recipient of the Halbert L. Dunn Award, the most prestigious award presented by the National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS) and regarded as one of the most important honors in the field of biostatistics in the United States. He was elected President of NAPHSIS in 2002. 
Onaka gained national attention as the person who, along with Hawaii Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino, verified Barack Obama's original birth records in Hawaii, and as the one who certified the birth certificate released by the Obama campaign in 2008 and the 2011 certificate released by the White House. 
- "Alvin T. Onaka, Ph.D., Earns National Recognition". Hawaii Department of Health. Archived from the original on 6 April 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- Altonn, Helen. "Stat reporting earns honor". Honolulu Star Bulletin. Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- Fukino, Chiyome. "STATEMENT BY DR. CHIYOME FUKINO". Hawaii Department of Health. Archived from the original on January 19, 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- Henig, Jess. "Born in the U.S.A." FactCheck.org. Archived from the original on 6 April 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- "President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate". White House. Retrieved 9 October 2012.