Alvin and the Chipmunks (2015 TV series)
|Alvin and the Chipmunks|
|Created by||Janice Karman|
|Based on||Alvin and the Chipmunks|
Ross Bagdasarian Sr.
|Written by||Janice Karman|
Kathryn Walton Ward
Jeffrey St. Ours
|Directed by||Janice Karman|
|Voices of||See below|
|Theme music composer||Ross Bagdasarian|
|Opening theme||"We're The Chipmunks"|
|Ending theme||"We're The Chipmunks"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||93 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Ross Bagdasarian, Jr.|
|Producer(s)||Vanessa Bagdasarian (associate)|
|Production location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Bagdasarian Productions|
OuiDo! Productions (Season 1)
Technicolor Animation Productions (Season 2–present)
|Original network||M6 (France)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||March 30, 2015 –|
|Preceded by||Alvin and the Chipmunks (1983–1990)|
|Related shows||The Alvin Show (1961–1962)|
Alvin and the Chipmunks (stylized as ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks) is an American/French children's CGI-animated, musical television series produced by Bagdasarian Productions and Technicolor Animation Productions with the participation of the French channel M6. It features Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Chipettes, and it was first announced in 2010. After a 25-year hiatus, the premiere of this series marks their first television appearance together since 1990. A promotional trailer for the series was posted on YouTube.
Animation and half of the show's storyboards are handled by Technicolor Productions in France, while Bagdasarian Productions in the U.S. is in charge of voice recording and music production. The series is primarily distributed by PGS Entertainment, a French brand management company. It made its world premiere on M6 in France on March 30, 2015. In August 2015, Nickelodeon acquired U.S. broadcast rights for the series.
The series follows Dave Seville, a single father who is raising six Chipmunks as his children, as well he can lose his patience sometimes, causing him to scream "ALVINNNN!!!", his catchphrase to Alvin. There is a song in every episode. The series takes place in modern times and discusses modern topics such as Dave's technology issues and school bullying. Others are parents embarrassing kids and parents needing dates.
- Ross Bagdasarian Jr. as:
- Janice Karman as:
- Vanessa Bagdasarian as:
- Eleanor Miller
- Additional voices
- Michael Bagdasarian as Mr. Meadows and additional voices
- Jean Ellie as Biggie Large
- Brian Chambers as:
- Derek Smalls
- Officer Dangus
- Additional voices
- Edwina Jones as Principal Meadows
- Elizabeth Gomez as Julie
The series, originally titled The Chipmunks and Chipettes, has 104 11-minute episodes and is produced in high-definition CGI animation, with The Chipmunks and The Chipettes' new looks resembling the iMunk looks. The show serves as an update of the 1980s series utilizing the same theme song, voice actors Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and Janice Karman, and format with each episode having a song.
The series producers are Ross Bagdasarian, Jr., Janice Karman, Sandrine Nguyen, and Boris Hertzog from the American production company Bagdasarian Productions and French company OuiDo! Productions. OuiDo! Productions (now Technicolor Animation Productions) handles the animation and storyboards, with Bagdasarian Productions in charge of voices and music. PGS Entertainment acquired the rights for media outside the United States and France in August 2013 and licensing and merchandising rights in May 2014. On February 24, 2014, Nickelodeon acquired all 104 episodes for all territories except Brazil. It originally also excluded North America, but this was later changed. The series was put on sale at the October 2013 Mipcom and was one of the most-viewed shows there.
In October, 2016, the series was renewed for a third and fourth season. In late 2018, the series was renewed for a fifth season. On November 6, 2019, the series was renewed for sixth and seventh season. 
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||52||26||August 3, 2015||March 8, 2016|
|2||52||26||March 9, 2016||June 3, 2017|
|3||52||26||June 10, 2017||June 19, 2019|
|4||52||26||June 20, 2019||TBA|
The series made its English-language debut on Nicktoons in the United Kingdom and Ireland on March 5, 2016 and on Nick in the US on August 3. and Nicktoons in Africa premiered the show on May 4. The Southeast Asian feed of Nickelodeon debuted the show on May 8 in Singapore and the Philippines and on May 15 in Malaysia. In English-speaking Canada, it premiered on Teletoon on September 9 and was moved to Family Channel on May 6, 2017. In Arabia, it is currently on Nicktoons and Spacetoon. It is now airing on Pop in the UK on February 1, 2016. In Indonesia, it is currently airing on MNCTV. In June 2018, it was announced that Alvinnnn!!! and the Chipmunks will stream on Hulu. On November 1, 2018 the series premiered on eToonz in South Africa.
Home video release
Season 1 Vol. 1 was released on DVD on December 4, 2015. Season 1 Vol. 2 was released on January 26, 2016. Alvin's Wild Adventures was released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 10, 2015 by Bagdasarian Productions. It contains the episodes "Principal Interest", "Talking Teddy", "Mystic Mountain", "A is for Alien", "Clowning Around", "Driving Dave Crazy", and "What a Gem". Alvin vs. Brittany was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on March 1, 2016 by Bagdasarian Productions. It contains the episodes "Sister Act", "Albrittina", "My Sister the Weirdo", "Mister Manners", "Reality or Not", "Turf War", and "Don Juan Theodoro".
On September 25, 2015, an album based on the television series was released on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, and CD entitled We're the Chipmunks (Music from the TV Show). On September 22, 2017, a second album based on the series was released on iTunes and Spotify entitled Nuts 2 U. On August 30, 2019, a third album based on the series as released on iTunes and Spotify entitled YOLO. 
- White, Peter (October 5, 2012). "Lagardere's Genao revamping Alvin and The Chipmunks". TBI Vision. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Cawley, John; Korkis, Jim (1990). Encyclopedia of Cartoon Superstars. Pioneer Books. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
Bagdasarian and Karman also wrote new songs for the show, including the theme song, 'We're the Chipmunks.'
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 5, 2012). "Genao to revives 'Chipmunks,' 'Xiaolin'". Variety. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Guider, Elizabeth (October 5, 2013). "'Alvin and the Chipmunks': PGS Entertainment Takes Global Rights to New TV Series". HollywoodReporter. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS". Technicolor Animation Productions. 2018.
- SimonTheSmartOne1 (March 27, 2010). "New Alvin and the Chipmunks Cartoon Series 2010 !!!". YouTube. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Show of the Week: Alvin and the Chipmunks". TBI Vision. November 15, 2013. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Broadcasters Commision [sic] Seasons 3 & 4 of 'Alvinnn!!!'". animationmagazine.net.
- Roulet, Jerome (22 March 2015). "Alvinnn !!! et les Chipmunks : le nouveau réveil-matin de M6". Toutelatele.
- Keslassy, Elsa (August 3, 2015). "Nickelodeon Picks Up U.S. Rights to 'Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks'". Variety.
- Keslassly, Elsa (February 24, 2014). "Nickelodeon Acquires 'Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks'". Variety. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- Amidi, Amid (August 20, 2013). "New CG "Alvin and the Chipmunks" TV Series Set for 2015". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "PGS ENTERTAINMENT SECURES WORLDWIDE MEDIA RIGHTS FOR NEW ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS TV SERIES FROM BAGDASARIAN PRODUCTIONS AND GENAO PRODUCTIONS". Virtual Press Office. August 20, 2013. Archived from the original on 2015-11-01. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Video Interview: Alvin and the Chipmunks' Ross Bagdasarian & Janice Karman". World Screen. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alvin!!! and the Chipmunks". C21 Media. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Han, Angie (August 22, 2013). "'Alvin and the Chipmunks' to Invade Your TV in 2015". Slash Film. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 7, 2013). "Lagardere Entertainment Quits Animation". Variety. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "BAGDASARIAN PRODUCTIONS PARTNERS WITH PGS FOR INTERNATIONAL LICENSING AND MERCHANDISING ROLL-OUT FOR THE UPCOMING ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS™ SERIES". Virtual Press Office. May 14, 2014. Archived from the original on 2015-11-01. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Zahed, Ramin (October 7, 2013). "PGS' 'LadyBug' and 'Alvin' Most Popular Toons at MIP Junior". Animation Magazine. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alvin Lands Season 5 Broadcasters". kidscreen.com.
- "ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks Renewed for Seasons 6 & 7". November 6, 2019. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- P, Charles (April 29, 2015). "Foxtel in May: 200+ new shows including Wayward Pines, Open Slather, Nashville and River Cottage Australia". The Green Room. Foxtel. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks: We're the Chipmunks". Foxtel Insider. Foxtel. May 5, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "We have a modern version of a classic show coming to Nick Toons next week Monday guys. Alvinnn!!! and the chipmunks". Nickelodeon Africa. April 28, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015 – via Facebook.
- "Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks". Nickelodeon Asia. April 30, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015 – via Facebook.
- "Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks". Teletoon. Archived from the original on August 31, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "POP on Twitter: "Next month is FUR-bruary and we have a brand new show coming to POP! đ&#x;'Ľ #AlvinAndTheChipmunks". Twitter.com. 2016-01-21. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Alvin And the Chipmuncks Season 1 Alvinnnn!!!: *: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Alvin & The Chipmunks: Season 1 - Vol 2: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Alvin & The Chipmunks: Alvin's Wild Adventures: Various: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- We're the Chimpunks (Music From the TV Show) on iTunes. Accessed October 7, 2015.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks to Release New Soundtrack to Their Hit TV Series - Press Release - Digital Journal Accessed October 7, 2015.
- Alvin and The Chipmunks (2015-10-16), We're The Chipmunks, Rhino Records, retrieved 2016-02-16
- "Alvin And The Chipmunks: We're The Chipmunks (Music From The TV Show) - Music on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
This article incorporates material derived from the "ALVINNN!!!_and_The_Chipmunks" article on the Alvin wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License (July 2015).
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Alvin and the Chipmunks (2015 TV series)|