This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1980 (according to the "Letter from the Founder" at http://www.alwaleedphilanthropies.org/who-we-are#block-views-annual_letter-block)|
|Founder||Al Waleed bin Talal Al Saud and Princess Ameerah|
|Type||Charitable and humanitarian foundation|
|Focus||Education, humanitarian, orphanage, poverty|
|Method||Donations and grants|
|Al-Waleed bin Talal, co-founder and chairman|
|Al Waleed bin Talal Humanitarian Foundation|
Alwaleed Philanthropies (formerly the Al Waleed bin Talal Foundation") is a charitable and philanthropic organization founded by Al-Waleed bin Talal and Princess Ameerah with a mission to help alleviate suffering and transcend international borders globally. The foundation has established centers and programs at institutions of higher education around the world.
The foundation has a network of partners and NGO’s and has local, regional and international activities to improve global cultural understanding, community development, women’s empowerment and rapid aid for natural disasters including Saudi Arabia and Syria and other countries.
Alwaleed Philanthropies has established centers and programs at institutions of higher education around the world, all devoted to the promotion of better mutual understanding between the Islamic World and the West and has established centers for study at Harvard University, Georgetown University, University of Edinburgh, University of Cambridge, American University of Beirut and the American University in Cairo.
The goals of the foundation-Saudi Arabia are residential projects, social empowerment of women through education' medical, health and social assistance;humanitarian assistance, and national charities. Princess Ameerah Al Taweel serves as vice-chairwoman of the board and Nadia Bakhurji is the secretary general.
The goals of the foundation in Lebanon include medical and health assistance, social assistance (orphanages, rest houses), educational assistance (supporting and building schools, universities), development assistance (economic infrastructure including agricultural). Leila Al Solh is the vice-chairwoman of the foundation in Lebanon since its inception in 2003.
The foundation aspires to improve global cultural understanding through establishing and supporting academic centers, Alleviating poverty around the world through sustainable long-term philanthropic investments, aid to the victims of natural disasters and empowering girls and women.
- (2003) Alwaleed Bin Talal Humanitarian Foundation in Lebanon. The Libanmall Website, Retrieved 8 September 2011
- News (16 June 2010) New centre to promote cultural ties. The University of Ediburgh Website, Retrieved 8 September 2011
- Arab News (3 September 2011) Alwaleed Foundation donates SR300,000 to charity. Arab News, Retrieved 8 September 2011
- Prince Alwaleed, Donates $100,000 to Children’s Foundation, Seychelles. The Middle East Times, Retrieved 8 September 2011
- Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Centers. The Georgetown University, Retrieved 8 September 2011
- "Providing Vital Disaster Relief | Alwaleed Philanthropies". www.alwaleedphilanthropies.org. Retrieved 2017-07-30.