|Released||August 16, 2007|
|Genre||K-pop, hip hop, R&B|
|Producer||Yang Hyun Suk, G-Dragon, Teddy, Perry, Brave Brothers|
|Big Bang chronology|
|Singles from Always|
Always (2007) marked a change of Big Bang's musical styles from their previous efforts, with the group experimenting with electronic dance music and setting it as the new music trend in Korea. It was also the first release in Korean's music industry to be promoted as a "mini-album".
The lead single "Lies" (Korean: 거짓말; Revised Romanization: Geojitmal), composed by G-Dragon, was a no.1 hit, topping Cyworld charts for two months in a row, eventually becoming their break-out hit and Song of the Year in the 2007 Mnet Asian Music Awards. "Lies" was named the "Song of the Decade" by Mnet's M! Countdown. On 2016, it was labeled the "Top Male Idol Song in The Best 20 Years" by music experts. The song was revealed to be the second most downloaded in the past nine years in South Korea.
Billboard stated that "Lies" placed Big Bang "down the path into the realm of avant-garde experimentalism that they’ve become known for over the past few years" and called one of South Korea's "most memorable songs." The impact of the song was described by Kang Myung Suk - a music critic and former editor-in-chief of 10Asia magazine. Suk wrote "in that time, the one song ‘Lies’ satisfied all the music consumers in Korea. The ‘sound’ of this song was better than the normal kpop, and the melody development was easy for anyone to enjoy. Before ‘Lies’ came out, the music charts were dominated by medium tempo ballad songs." The composition was also praised, noting that "G-Dragon made this song with memorable rap and melody pieces" and admired the song for having "no useless parts". The critic concluded "‘Lies’ has the generation’s code who wants to be a step forward in the trend but comfortable at the same time, and that wants to stand out but also somewhat mix in at the same time. This was a market that not exist before Bigbang’s ‘Lies, and this was the moment where the idols met this generation’s emotions."
|1.||"We are Big Bang (Intro)"||Big Bang||Perry||Perry||1:37|
|2.||"Lies" (거짓말; Geojitmal)||G-Dragon||G-Dragon||Brave Brothers||3:49|
|3.||"Wrong Number" (없는 번호; Eoptneun Beonho)||Yang Hyun Suk||Perry, Brave Brothers||Brave Brothers||3:38|
|4.||"Act Like Nothing's Wrong" (아무렇지 않은 척; Amureochi Anheun Cheok (T.O.P solo) (featuring Kim Ji Eun))||T.O.P||T.O.P, Brave Brothers||Brave Brothers||3:56|
|5.||"Oh Ma Baby"||G-Dragon||G-Dragon, Brave Brothers||Brave Brothers||3:51|
|6.||"Always"||Teddy, G-Dragon||Teddy, Perry||Teddy||3:53|
- "Always". YG Entertainment. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Kim Mi-youngshin (2007-08-17). "빅뱅, 'Always' 선주문 3만장 괴력" (in Korean). Hankyung News. Archived from the original on 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Kim, Wong Young (2008-02-28). "빅뱅·BEG·쥬얼리…가요계 대세는 '일렉트로니카' (Big Bang, Brown Eyed Girls, Jewelry... The trend of J-pop 'Electronica')" (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- "Song of the Month". Cyworld. 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-10-01. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- "빅뱅 '올해의 노래'-슈주 '올해의 가수'...MKMF '아이돌 천하'(종합) Big Bang 'Song of the Year', Super Junior 'Artist of the Year', MKMF 'Idol Reign' (Updated)". Nate.com News. 2007-11-17. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- "Big Bang". MTV UK. Archived from the original on 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- "G-Dragon". YG Entertainment. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- "BIGBANG's 'Lies' Named Song of the Decade". HelloKpop.
- ""반짝반짝 눈이 부셔"… 빅뱅-소녀시대 역대 최고 아이돌" (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "Mnet Reveals the Most Downloaded Song in K-Pop Over the Past Nine Years". Soompi.
- Herman, Tamar (December 23, 2016). "The 10 Best BIGBANG Songs: Critics' Picks". Billboard.
- Herman, Tamar (August 18, 2016). "Happy 10-Year Anniversary, BIGBANG! 10 Must-Listen Songs from the Boy Band". Billboard.
- "An in-depth piece about Big Bang's impact in Korea written by Kang Myung Suk (music critic and former editor-in-chief of 10Asia magazine)".
|This 2007 hip hop album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|