Always (Gabrielle album)
|Studio album by Gabrielle|
|Released||October 1, 2007|
|Recorded||2004 - 2007|
|Genre||Soul, R&B, pop|
|Label||Universal Music (Systemtactic)|
Boilerhouse Boys (Ben Wolff & Andy Dean)
The album received positive reviews from music critics and was released on 1 October 2007 in the UK, being preceded by the single "Why" on 24 September 2007. Always entered the UK Albums Chart at number 11, just 12 copies from entering at number 10. Always entered the UK R&B Album Chart at number 4.
A supporting tour took place in February 2008.
Seven of the album's thirteen tracks were subsequently included on Gabrielle's compilation Now and Always: 20 Years of Dreaming in 2013 - the singles "Why" and "Every Little Teardrop" and the album tracks "Heartbreaker", "I Remember", "All I Want", "Show Me Love" and "Closure".
- "I Remember"
- "Every Little Teardrop"
- "I'm Not in Love"
- "Love Me Like You Do"
- "All I Want"
- "It's Breaking My Heart"
- "Cold Sober Moment"
- "Show Me Love"
Originally, Always included several different songs and a different track listing order when the list was first published by Amazon. These songs were "Nothing Hurts Like Goodbye", "Think Twice" and "Owner of My Heart". "Nothing Hurts Like Goodbye" served as the B-side to first single "Why"; it is currently unknown what will become of "Think Twice" and "Owner of My Heart". "I Remember" was originally named "When We Were One".
- Juan Alaya - guitar
- Mat Bartram - assistant engineer
- Mark Berrow - violin
- Rachel Bolt - viola
- Tom Brock - composer
- Gustav Clarkson - viola
- David "Crackers" Cracknell - piano
- Caroline Dale - cello
- David Daniels - cello
- Andy Dean - bass, composer, producer
- Liz Edwards Violin
- Gabrielle - composer, primary artist
- Dillon Gallagher - engineer
- Julian Gallagher - composer, drums, producer
- Simon Hale - piano, string arrangements, strings
- Ash Howes - mixing
- Richard Hynd - composer, keyboards, programming
- Garfield Jackson - viola
- Anders Kallmark - keyboards, mixing, programming
- Patrick Kiernan - violin
- Boguslaw Kostecki - violin
- Peter Lale - viola
- Chris Laurence - double bass
- Julian Leaper - violin
- William Lockhart - percussion, timpani
- Martin Loveday - cello
- Rita Manning - violin
- Christian Marsac - guitar, saxophone
- Perry Mason - leader, violin
- David McAlmont - background vocals
- Ally McErlaine - guitar
- Steve Morris - violin
- Everton Nelson - violin
- Tom Pigott-Smith - violin
- Chris Pitsillides - viola
- Chris Potter - engineer, mixing
- Steve Price - engineer
- Carmen Reece - background vocals
- Johnathan Rees - violin
- Robert Nelson Relf - composer
- Frank Ricotti - percussion
- Root - art direction, design
- Jackie Shave - violin
- Matthew Shave - photography
- Emlyn Singleton - violin
- Derrick Taylor - bass, violin
- Cathy Thompson - violin
- Christopher Tombling - violin
- Helen Tunstall - harp
- Lawrence Watson - photography
- Paul Weller - guitar, background vocals
- Bruce White - viola
- Ben Wiesner - drums
- Jonathan Williams - cello
- Ben Wolff - composer, drums, producer
- David Woodcock - violin
- Gavyn Wright - orchestra leader, violin
- Warren Zielinski - violin
- allgigs.co.uk review
- Digital Spy review
|This 2000s R&B/soul album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|