|Born||Alyce Mary A Platt
19 December 1964
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Occupation||Actress, TV presenter, singer, songwriter|
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
Alyce Mary A Platt (born 19 December 1964) is an Australian actor and singer. As an actor, she had roles in TV soap operas, Sons and Daughters (1983–85) and Neighbours (mid-1990s) and worked as a TV presenter and game show host, including on Sale of the Century (1986–91). Platt released her debut album, Beautiful Death, in April 2004.
Alyce Mary A Platt was born on 19 December 1964 and grew up in Melbourne with her parents and two older brothers. From the age of 12 she was singing in competitions. At 16 she attended Box Hill Technical College for a two-year drama course.
Alyce Platt's acting roles include Amanda Morrell in Sons and Daughters from 1983 to 1985, a guest role in the short-lived serial Family and Friends in 1990, and the ongoing part of Jen Handley in Neighbours in the early 1990s, as well as Sarah Wilkes in A Country Practice.
From 1986 to 1991, Platt was the co-host of the then top-rated quiz show Sale of the Century, a job that probably brought her her widest audiences and recognition. She has since returned to this role for one special episode of Temptation on 14 March 2007, during the show's Battle of the Network Shows series, in which Temptation's hosts Ed Phillips and Livinia Nixon were contestants themselves. Most recently she is seen alongside former Sale co-host Tony Barber on TV1's Cash Trivia Challenge.
On 9 August 2012, it was announced Platt had re-joined Neighbours as a different character.
Alyce Platt launched her debut album Beautiful Death, on 4 April 2004 at the Corner Hotel. Carmine Pascuzzi of MediaSearch website felt that she "does a decent job in providing an adventurous foray through her honest and melancholic musical thoughts. It’s a collection of material spanning several years. The songs are mostly told with positive feeling and the hope for better things." Her second album, Live from the Vault, appeared in August 2006. Her third album, Funny Little World, was issued in November 2015.
In August 2004 Alyce Platt married Claude Carranza.
- Alyce Platt's sultry new look The Daily Telegraph (Australia). Published 27 August 2007. Accessed 26 December 2008.
- "About Alyce". Sons and Daughters TV. August 2006. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "City Homicide hits seven". The Daily Telegraph. 24 August 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "The Elephant Princess – Cast". Jonathan M. Shiff Productions.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (9 August 2012). "'Neighbours': Jen Handley actress returns in new role". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Pascuzzi, Carmine (2007). "Alyce Platt – Beautiful Death". MediaSearch. Archived from the original on 4 July 2007. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- PBP (21 October 2015). "Alyce Platt Funny Little World – A New Album from Australia's Favourite Gal". Art News Portal. Retrieved 10 November 2015.