Miller at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival
|Born||Alyssa Elaine Miller
July 4, 1989 
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Hair color||Brown (natural)|
Alyssa Elaine Miller (born July 4, 1989) is an American fashion model. She has done print and runway work for numerous leading companies. Among her highlights are cover appearances on for Vogue (Germany) and Elle (Italy), work as a featured model/spokesperson for both Guess and Victoria's Secret as well as appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Early life and description
Miller is known for her dark brown hair, full eyebrows and bone structure. She is considered to have a very European look. Guess founder Paul Marciano said, "Alyssa is the most European-looking American girl I've ever seen!" When she had her breakthrough with Guess, she drew comparisons to Sophia Loren and Brooke Shields and was regarded as something of a throwback.
In 2003, her father sent test photos to a Los Angeles office of IMG Models. By 2005 she was an up-and-coming model with the Marilyn NY agency. She did a 2005 fall campaign for Stella McCartney. By February 2006, she had been featured in each of the major editions of Vogue, including the cover of a Vogue Italia supplement. Following cover appearances for the October 2006 German Vogue and the July 2010 Italian Elle (she also later appeared on the October 2012 cover), she became one of the new faces of Guess clothing in late 2010. Miller has also done work for Victoria's Secret. Other ad work has included Bebe, Billabong, Chopard, Diesel, Elie Tahari, Intimissimi, Juicy Couture, La Perla and Laura Biagiotti.
She signed with Elite Model Management in 2011. She made her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue debut in 2011 when she was one of five rookies (along with Shannan Click, Kenza Fourati, Izabel Goulart, and fellow Guess model Kate Upton) in the issue. According to a story in The Wall Street Journal she had previously thought that if she ever appeared in Sports Illustrated it would be for soccer, since given her athletic background she had envisioned herself as a professional soccer player. She also appeared in the body painting feature in the 2011 Swimsuit Issue where Joanne Gair painted her and Stewart Shining photographed her in New York City. 2013 was her third Swimsuit Issue. In both 2011 and 2013, Miller participated in the annual Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition of David Letterman's Top 10 on the Late Show with David Letterman on the night that the Swimsuit Issue cover model was announced.
In 2012 she became the muse of Blumarine Bellissima fragrance. She played the mermaid in the 2013 music video for "Mermaid" by Train. Miller is a former victim of bullying, and she became an advocate against bullying and cyberbullying on May 1, 2013, along with Super Bowl XLVII champion Jameel McClain, by becoming a global ambassador for STOMP Out Bullying. In 2013, Miller signed with IMG soon after a first public appearance with Jake Gyllenhaal. She was featured in the 80th anniversary issue of Esquire as one of the 80 things that define our time. In December 2013, she appeared on the cover and in the 2014 Calendar Girl Issue of the fashion magazine Galore. Her images were augmented by the artwork of Claw Money who affixed his graphic cartoon paws to both black-and-white and color photographs of her as if they were gripping her while she was modelling.
In July 2014 Miller, together with fashion publicist Robyn Berkley, launched a meditation-wear collection for Berkley’s line, Live the Process, with a percentage of sales to the David Lynch Foundation. Miller made a cameo appearance in the 2015 film Entourage.
Miller began dating actor Jake Gyllenhaal in mid-June 2013 and they became a public couple in July. Their first public appearance as a couple was at Barry's Bootcamp, a gym in Tribeca, on July 12 and she met Gyllenhaal's mother three days later. She credits Gyllenhaal with teaching her how to cook as they hosted dinner parties. According to reports, Miller and Gyllenhaal broke up in late 2013. A source told UsMagazine.com: "They fizzled out. It happened a while ago – before the holidays. He's back on the scene." However, by February, the couple had reconciled. In May 2014, they were spotted together walking her dog, a Boston Terrier named Charlie.
Miller's fitness regimen includes ballet and running; she practices Transcendental Meditation. She has taken both acting and improvisation classes. Her father's name is Craig Miller; she has several siblings.
- "Alyssa Miller". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
- Watkins, Jade (2013-12-12). "No wonder he sank his claws into her! Jake Gyllenhaal's gal Alyssa Miller shows off her incredible figure as she strips down for racy new fashion shoot". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Denim Road Test: Paper Denim & Cloth: Fashion's Newest Model Citizen Likes Em Dark". Psychopedia.com. February 2006. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (2013-02-13). "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2013: Alyssa Miller knows her icebergs". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Meet New Guess Girl Alyssa Miller! at the Wayback Machine (archived September 26, 2010)
- Magsaysay, Melissa (2010-09-30). "Guess gets Seductive with a perfume launch party in Hollywood". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Feitelberg, Rosemary (2013-07-18). "Alyssa Miller Signs With IMG Models". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Alyssa Rising". Models.com. 2005-04-15. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Alyssa Miller". New York. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- Carpenter, Cassie (2013-11-16). "I'm doing just fine! Grinning Jake Gyllenhaal displays bandaged hand at Prisoners screening after smashing his hand into mirror". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Di Fino, Nando (2011-02-18). "Model Achieves Goal In Unexpected Way". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
- "Alyssa Miller". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
- "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011 cover model is Irina Shayk". Los Angeles Times. 2011-02-15. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (2013-02-12). "Sports Illustrated swimsuit models hit Letterman show for Top 10". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- Advertising Campaign by Michelangelo di Battista (photographer), Nicolas Jurnjack (hair stylist) 
- Harada, Wayne (March 17, 2013). "Adega welcomes De Lima for night of ethnic food, fun". Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
- "Alyssa Takes Action". Models.com. 2013-07-15. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Model Alyssa Miller and Jameel McClain, #53 Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Champion XLVII Join STOMP Out Bullying as Global Ambassadors" (Press release). 24-7PressRelease.com. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Valenti, Lauren (2013-07-18). "Photos: We Get It, Jake Gyllenhaal’s Girlfriend Is Ridiculously Hot". Styleite. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Alyssa Miller: A Brief Intermission". Esquire. October 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- "Alyssa Miller Gets Her Claws Out". Galore. 2013-12-11. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Change Begins With a New Pair of Workout Pants". Style.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
When Miller bonded with New York-based fashion publicist Robyn Berkley over their life-changing experiences with TM, the two decided to collaborate on a capsule collection (launching today at Barneys) for Berkley’s activewear line, Live the Process
- "Alyssa Miller launches meditation line". Yahoo. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
a percentage of sales going to the David Lynch Foundation, which gives scholarships to military personnel, survivors of domestic abuse, and schoolchildren so they can learn Transcendental Meditation
- Acuna, Kirsten (2015-06-03). "Here are all the celebrity cameos in the 'Entourage' movie". Business Insider. Retrieved 2015-06-11.
- Billups, Andrea (2013-06-21). "Jake Gyllenhaal Takes a Kiss-Filled Bike Ride with SI Model Alyssa Miller". People. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Nessif, Bruna (2013-08-04). "Jake Gyllenhaal & Girlfriend Alyssa Miller Enjoy a Day Out in New York". E! online. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Grossberg, Josh (2013-07-15). "Jake Gyllenhaal Steps Out With New Girlfriend Alyssa Miller—See the Pic!". E! online. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Cowles, Charlotte (2013-07-16). "To Discuss: Jake Gyllenhaal, Alyssa Miller, and the Gym Date Phase". New York. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (2013-11-01). "Jake Gyllenhaal's Girlfriend Alyssa Miller: "Things Are Good," We Have "Cooking Dinner Parties"". US Magazine. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Lee, Esther (2014-01-07). "Jake Gyllenhaal, Model Alyssa Miller Break Up After Six Months of Dating". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Webber, Stephanie (2014-02-21). "Exclusive: Jake Gyllenhaal, Alyssa Miller Back Together After Brief Split". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Davies, Claudette (2014-05-07). "Jake Gyllenhaal can't keep smile off his face as he and Alyssa Miller are spotted together for first time since reconciliation in February". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Gray, Andy (2013-02-12). "Meet My Pet: Alyssa Miller introduces us to Charlie, her adorable Boston Terrier". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Jake & Alyssa get in shape". New York Post. 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (2013-07-25). "Alyssa Miller Is "Really Excited" to Be Dating Jake Gyllenhaal, Says Her Dad". US Magazine. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alyssa Miller.|