23 September 1982 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Hair color||Strawberry blonde|
|Agency||Chic Management, Next Model Management|
Alyssa Sutherland (born 23 September 1982) is an Australian actress and model.
Sutherland was born in Brisbane. Her modeling career began when she won the 1997 annual Bonne Belle model search of Girlfriend, a teen magazine in Australia. Following her win, she was signed to a contract with Vogue Australia.
She has had an extensive runway, print and television modeling career, appearing in campaigns for Bulgari, Ralph Lauren, Garnier, Calvin Klein, Chanel, John Frieda, Kerastase, Hugo Boss, and Abercrombie & Fitch.
Sutherland has appeared on the cover of magazines including Vogue Australia, Harper's Bazaar Singapore and Japan, Elle Germany, Australian Style, Glamour Italy and Black and White. Sutherland has also shot extensive editorial for Vogue Germany, Australia, Italy, Greece as well as American, Elle (Australia and US), Marie-Claire (UK), Harper's Bazaar (Australia), Glamour Italy, I.D., Wallpaper*, and The Face and Scene. Sutherland has worked with renowned fashion photographers including Herb Ritts, Bruce Weber, Ellen von Unwerth and Steven Meisel.
In 2007, Sutherland became the newest Flake Girl when Cadbury revived its iconic TV advertisements after a 5-year hiatus. The advertisement shows her, in reverse time, eating a Flake bar in a convertible during a rain shower. She is one of several former Cadbury advert actors to speak out in favour of the "Keep Cadbury British" campaign in opposition to the sale of Cadbury to a non-British owner.
Her acting career has included roles in the films The Devil Wears Prada, Day on Fire, Don't Look Up, and the television series New Amsterdam. Sutherland first appears as Princess Aslaug in the last episode of the first season, continuing into the second, third, and fourth seasons, on the History Channel series Vikings.
|2006||The Devil Wears Prada||Clacker|
|2006||Day on Fire||Model|
|2008||New Amsterdam||Alice||Episode: "Legacy"|
|2008||Huge||Izzy||Unsold TV pilot|
|2011||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Kate||Episode: "Bang"|
|2015||Australia's Next Top Model||Herself||Episode: "Finale"|
|2017||The Mist||Eve Copeland||10 episodes|
- Fashion Model Directory
- Dale, David (15 March 2015). "The Tribal Mind: Vikings queen stand up for her lines". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Chic Management
- "Not just pretty faces". The Sydney Morning Herald. 22 February 2005. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Cadbury brings back Flake Girl". The Guardian. 10 February 2007. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Boffey, Daniel, "Keep Cadbury British! Milk Tray man backs the fight... all because he loves the chocolatier". Daily Mail (20 December 2009)
- Mitchell, John (25 April 2013). "'Vikings' season finale: Mysterious beauty tempts Ragnar". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Byrne, Fiona (25 February 2012). "Sutherland weds her man in Thailand". Herald Sun. Retrieved 12 June 2015.